B&B: Macy Question

• Members

I just read this off of Wikipedia:

When Oscar Marone (Brian Gaskill) opened a new nightclub in town, Macy agreed to perform on opening night, but enemies from Oscar's past tampered with the chandelier that night, which fell, severely injuring Macy. Although Macy hung on in the hospital in a coma for a few days, she never woke up, and her mother had to make the choice of whether or not to take her off life support; Sally's actual choice has never been revealed, but Macy is generally assumed to be dead.

Is the last part true about Sally's choice not being revealed? Could it be possible that Macy might still be alive? Maybe Sally sent her away with her father bc she didnt want Macy near Deacon or Thorne and she's still in a coma. I loved Macy and would rather have Bobbie Eakes on B&B than on AMC where her character bugs me

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes it's true. The general statement has always been "Macy's gone" what could mean she's living la vida loca in Rio or Six Feet Under somewhere. Only on occasion was it mentioned "my daughter's death" but it must not have been a true statement.

For B&B standards Macy should be alive and I'd take Bobbie Eakes back any time - loved her and especially the more edgy Macy when she came back from the dead the last time.

But BE probably will never return because AMC is much more gracious to her than the B&B producers ever were. Sigh!

• Members

The B&B honchos our totally disrespectful of the veterans who give years of service. They fired biggies like Barbara Crampton, Ian Buchannan, Charles Grant, Kimberlin Brown and Bobbie Eakes to name a few. Bobbie Eakes was fantastic as Macy, most notably during her last year when she came back with a vengeance against Brooke. No matter how much I love her though, I wouldn't wish her back on B&B because Brad Bell would probably just ax her after less than a year.

• Members

I agee I loved Macy. It was sad to see her go the first time but B&B was so good during the 2002 season that when she came back on late that year, it only added on to the greatness. (IE look at the scene when Thorne chases after a covered Macy towards the lighttower.) Having her go out that way the second time was horrible! They ruined her character by turning her into a child stealing !@#$%^&*]. That wasn't what Macy's about, she was sweet and usually scorned (thus the alcohol abuse).

I never really saw the episode that said Macy's dead so it's a soap and when AMC decides to kill her off I'm sure Bobbie Eakes will return and Thorne will have something to do with her story plot. Maybe him telling her that Sally has died. Wouldn't that make for some heartbreaking scenes?

• Members

To be honest, I myself never cared for Macy and think that Eakes struck gold when she went to AMC as Krystle. By the way, Brad Bell didn't 'axe' her the second time, if you recall. She went out and auditioned for AMC and ended up landing the role. It was a mutual decision. She saw the writing on the wall and did something about it before they just got rid of her.

She was pretty fun to watch during the entire Brooke/Thorne/Macy storyline. That's about it though.

• Members

I wasn't the biggest fan of Macy either. I liked her scenes when she came "back from the dead" in Italy, but once she was back in LA, didn't really care about her anymore. And even if Brad Bell says that there won't be anyone other than Bobbie Eakes as Macy (which I seem to remember hearing somewhere), that doesn't mean much. He said the same thing about Colleen Dion and Felicia, but now we have Lesli Kay.

Archived