CW Schedule Changes

Rhiannon

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sorry, bellcurve, I don't think so. The audience of "7th Heaven," trust me, cannot GET ENOUGH of this show. Those churches and youth groups that made it a hit on The WB for, what, 10 consecutive seasons? They're just glad a good, Christian show is on television. Trust me, if the CW hit every church in America and put out bulletins about the show's new time and network, it'd be raking it in again.

• Members

The only reason 7th Heaven was being cancelled was because of high costs. I think bringing it back was a smart idea, but they should've retooled the idea and created a spin off. That way you keep the high 7th Heaven ratings plus you have another new show to bring promotion to the network. The mistake was bringing back the original series with most of the original cast.

I also think Everwood could stay cancelled. It's ratings were never great and I don't know that it was bringing in a lot of buzz until it was in cancellation danger. I do love the show, but I'm looking at it unbias. Cancelling it would be yet another open slot for a new show and new shows are what help bring attention to the new season.

• Members

Doubt it. And if church audiences were so gun-ho about Christian Programming that appeals to them, why didn't PAX succeed as a network?

I don't mind having programming on TV that skew Christian Audiences(TOUCHED BY AN ANGEL was good, cheesy fun every once in awhile, as are those HALLMARK MOVIES), but ten seasons of that was enough. At least give another "feel goood show" similar to that of 7TH HEAVEN a chance to succeed.

• Members

WHY!!!!!??!?!? Im officially dropping a full night of CW now. I loved the Sunday comedy block. The only show I really cared about watching was Everybody Hates Chris but watched the others bc there was nothing else to watch. Cant watch on Monday bc I have hte MyN shows and Heroes on NBC. Cant add anything else on Monday

• Members

I disagree, bellcurve. Take The CW message boards, for instance. You have fans of the show saying they don't like the new season but guess why? It's mostly for two reasons: one, the lack of the whole family, but moreso, it seems, is the fact that the season is "sexier" (and some of you laughed when I said the season premiere with Lucy's sex-filled "My husband is hot, you know you would sleep with him" sermon was pushing the envelope for this show). They don't like that Eric and Annie are having so much sex now, they don't like that Lucy is talking about sex in church, they don't like that Lucy is talking to a FIFTEEN year old ('another man') about her marital problems and they don't like that Martin tried to get Sandy to sleep with her again. 'I usually watch this show with my 11-year-old but these days, the show has become all about sex just like all the other shows on TV' one mother is paraphrased as saying. 'All they talk about is sex these days!' another says. When, if you watch the show, that is so NOT the way it is, lol. Yes, there's more sex mentions, but they're all between married people...except of course with Martin and Sandy. And with Martin, the show has drove it home that he's 'troubled' and not 'good', and Sandy, the woman who's training to become a minister, the one whose pants he wants to get in, well, they portray her as 'good' and 'levelheaded' so I think the message is shown 'against' their copulation. But that's how the fans of this show are.

And to respond to your worthy comment about Pax, I think there's a bottom line to that, and that's the shows sucked and/or they weren't on a widely distributed network. The WB was more accessible and "7th Heaven" had been a critical hit and caught on by word-of-mouth among the church groups. I know I've heard woman RAVING over it and how their hold family watches the show together, lol. It really is that way.

Archived