cassadine1991

DAYS Script Reveals Role Has Been Recast

20 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, RavenWhitney said:

The fact that Sal Stowers, Vivienne Giovanni and James Lastovic continued to have air time for more than a year is evidence of the true incompetence of the casting director and executive producers.  Imagine a Bill Bell or Gloria Monty or Paul Rauch keeping these three on the screen and often together?!  The people running these shows are not creative producers and I put Valentini in that group.  On Days, under Ken, you have Greg Meng who has been a corporate suit (not an artist or theatre person), Albert Alaar, a director.  Valentini is a published photographer and with small budgets he makes GH and its look very good, if you like the stylized version of a show.  Mal Young is the only one who has produced drama, written story, directed; and while he may be suitable to produce a daytime soap, he's saddled with Sally's "dull as dishwater" stories plus super poor casting choices (again made by incompetent corporate suits like McDaniel) who want to see Barbie and Ken Dolls who can't act on the screen.  It's unfortunate that Ron Carlivati is writing for Sal Stowers.  She is beyond awful and in no way should be taking up air time on a show that can barely hold on to 2 million viewers.

I agree with everything you stated expect FV making GH's sets look good.  The hospital looks like crap. So do all the other sets. The dimly lit lighting is terrible.

On 2017-07-09 at 1:03 AM, victoria foxton said:

I agree with everything you stated expect FV making GH's sets look good.  The hospital looks like crap. So do all the other sets. The dimly lit lighting is terrible.

Agreed, I actually think GH looks worse than DAYS!

I watched OLTL...erum I mean GH the other day and Valentini was back to his same old tricks again trying to portray dusk/sunset with his piss poor lighting and production values. It might have been innovative at first on OLTL, but that's because much of the sets could still make up for the lack of quality production values..sometimes...but the sets on GH are now cold, void of character and warmth, and just plain hideous. It's because of this I'd be willing to accept JFP back because her last year the show looked 10x better. 

1 hour ago, Sindacco said:

And that's saying something!!!

22 hours ago, Sindacco said:

Whenever I ctach GH it looks like a stage play. DAYS has better wardrobe too.

Edited by frequentsoapfan

23 hours ago, MichaelGL said:

I watched OLTL...erum I mean GH the other day and Valentini was back to his same old tricks again trying to portray dusk/sunset with his piss poor lighting and production values. It might have been innovative at first on OLTL, but that's because much of the sets could still make up for the lack of quality production values..sometimes...but the sets on GH are now cold, void of character and warmth, and just plain hideous. It's because of this I'd be willing to accept JFP back because her last year the show looked 10x better. 

And that's saying something!!!

I loved Carly's house set when JFP was around, now the way it's lit it just looks so damn cheap like you're at the theatre.