Reasons Why 7th Heaven sucks

Spalove

• Members

It's already old news that 7th Heaven was renewed for another season. My question is WHY, why are earth would the choose to keep this show on the air for 11 years? The last couple of years the show started to decline. I can pinpoint where they went wrong.

1) Hiring the two non actor brothers: Geoff and George Stults.

Ben and Kevin. Bad actors. Judgemental characters

2) Lucky and Kevin

Oh MY GOD words can't describe how much I hate this couple. Kevin is annoying, judgemental and bossy. I didn't like the way he started acting like he was the boss. His treatment of Lucy was disgusting. Before Lucy met Kevin she was confident. It took a long time for her to be happy with herself. When Kevin came along, all that confidence and self esteem went straight out the window.

3) Roxanne

Why, Why, Why did they have to hire this person? The only time I liked her character was when she got knifed by that drunk. On the commericials they made it so serious. It was very funny. The character Roxanne added nothing to the show. Much like Kevin added nothing. Her past with Robbie was stupid because they mentioned it once and then never said anything about it again. I cared nothing for Roxanne. Or her problems.

4) Hiring Ashlee Simpson

This had disaster written all over it. Bad actress Worse singer.

5) Ruthie's language.

Okay I get it Ruthie is smart, gifted, whatever. I have seen kids that are gifted and NONE of them talk like Harvard graduates. Heck most Havard graduates don't talk like Harvard graduates.

6) Mary marrying CARLOS WTF

He was on for ONE episode. In season 1 or 2. Mary was inlove with both Wilson and Robbie. Big moronic moved having her marry Carlos.

7) The twins.

They can't act and the repeating things is annoying.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The missed a great opportunity in Lucy and Chandler. I wanted them to become a couple.

1) Have Kevin cheat on Lucy with Roxanne. or 2) Make Kevin a controlling wife beater.

Either scenario Lucy turns to Chandler for comfort. A Lucy/Chandler pairing would have been great.

Simon should have died at the end of Season ( the one where he comes back after accidently killing the pot smoking kid). Yes it's cruel and horrible, but it's drama. And drama brings in ratings and viewers. Plus it woud have given the actors some good material to work with.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well my rant is done.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ahem, the show is SO awful and always has been so that I can't even compliment on their storyline mistakes.

Let me just stress that the whole "concept" is repetitive ín too many way (Every storyline seems to happen with nearly every Camden brat), the actors are beyond awful except for the dog and that little girl playing Ruthie (?) and most of all the whole "values" portrayed in 7th Heaven are way beyond time.

IMO, the series is unwillingly hilarious at best but just crappy at most.

Archived