So You Think You Can Dance

DaysFanJean

• Members

7-12-06

My top three out of the six remaining couples:

Benji and Donyelle danced Broadway and brought the house down, got a judges standing ovation and made Mary cry.

Nigel thinks Benji will win.

Ivan and Allison danced contemporary and Ivan stepped up to the plate, they were totally awesome.

Mary thinks Allison will win.

Martha and Travis danced Foxtrot (I think) and they were beautiful and flowing.

Bottom three of of the six:

Ryan and Heidi danced Cha Cha and Heidi as usual gave it 200%, Ryan did well out of his comfort zone.

Musa and Natalie danced some sort of pop routine, Musa's style and Natalie just strutted around being sexy.

Dimitri and Ashlee danced some sort of pop routine and Dimitri proved he is not very adaptable. That is why I chose them over Musa and Natalee to go.

I missed a country mile last week so wonder how this week matches up LOL.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not shocked that Musa and Ashlee were leaving, but I am disappointed. It was obvious that Nigel was gunning for Musa after the foxtrot. They so did not want another Jamile, and we know they tried so hard to get him off the show. Ashlee had the problem of two partners who can only do their specialty, but are not that great elsewhere. Granted she wasn't the best in the other styles, but she tried. Then she was in her element twice and it was her partners who failed her. I think Dmitri should've gone. He's great at ballroom... and that's it. He's just relying on that open shirt like Artem idea.

• Members

July 13, 2006 SYTYCD results:

Bottom three couples:

Ashlee and Dimitri

Martha and Travis

Natalie and Musa

Going home:

Ashlee

Musa

The judges love them both but find they could not stand above the others at this point.

Major change in format from now on. See the new thread for SYTYCD Finals

• Members

I thought Dimitri would leave with Ashlee but later began to think that Musa was less versatile than Dimitri and that he might be the one to go and so he was. It was due to their overall performances as Musa clearly won tonight's solo. He was smashing.

To me, Musa was the best looking man and the most manly of the men in this season. He is gorgeous and he will have earned some great advantage to his career, I'm betting. He should be in pictures, definitely where women can admire him. Same with Ryan, who runs a close second to him.

Also, I think Dimitri falls third in that group, but with a twist cause I put him fourth in the following group.

The most accomplished pure dancers for the men to me are, Benji, Travis and Ivan. They are all beyond words in their styles and accomplishments. It's difficult to chose, but my heart is with Benji.

• Members

The funny thing is that Dmitri's less versatile than Musa. We've seen that he's failed at hip hop twice, and his contemporary was garbage compared to Musa's. He was just unfortunately to get the quick step. He got by with the salsa, but once he was REALLY out of his element, the judges had it out for him. It is really telling that Dmitri loses three partners, so now the issue can't be with the partners. It's with him. Outside of ballroom, his partners had to carry him.

I cannot stand Ivan. What a goober...

• Members

Dimitri's first partner was awful. She should never have been in the competition. His legs are so long and hers were too short so they should not have been paired at all anyway. Aleksandra is a contemporary dancer who was not versatile at all either. So it wasn't they carried him. He was mismatched. He and Ashlee were doing very well, only her time had come. He was really enjoying her and so sad she had to go.

Ivan is a fantastic dancer. He has a goofy personality which I think is adorable. We love that sort of goofiness. Like Ivan. He is another we adore. Travis, too......gee.....Dimitri, too and Ryan. Guess I just love them all.

Archived