I dont watch this show but im going to start a thread on it Charmed Series Finale

SoapAlcoholic

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I taped most of the finale including the ending, SoapAlcoholic, so I will start the first real post related to that episode:

Just a few notes:

1. I wasn't a huge fan of this show but did watch several episodes over the years. Still, the series finale probably was most enjoyable for devout fans, as it was INCREDIBLY complicated, what with all the characters traveling to the past and the future and the present and the past to reclaim Leo and save their own lives...aye aye aye!

2. Though complicated, it was a sweet and touching finale, and I enjoyed seeing all the women had happy lives through the years. It was one of those finales where they show the characters 40 years from now and we saw Piper and Leo in their Golden Years, as they walked up the stairs past picture frames of themselves at younger ages, the children, grandchildren and friends--I definitely got a few tears from that! The series nicely ended with an exterior shot of the famous house that was superimposed by the Charmed logo.

3. I noticed something odd. Most long-running shows get a nice "thanks for --years, you guys" at the end of the show. "Charmed," however, did NOT. Does anyone know if there was a specific reason for that?

• Members

I thought it was better than what we usually get, especially during this godawful Billie-centric season. The only problem with the time travel theme is that you are always looking for Prue which was the one big hole in it.

• Members

I loved the finale. It was a nice touch and one of the better episodes. Im glad that !@#$%^&*] Christie died. Couldnt stand her. One thing I was upset though was that there was no sign of Prue. When they showed the photos of all the family in the end, she was not in them, unless that girl on Patty's lap was her, but still they should have had a pick of Shannon Doherty there.

• Members

last I heard around season 6 they were negotiating with her to use her image in flashbacks, and a picture of her on the houseset. Obviously this never was completed.

But yes, the gaping hole in this episode was Prue. All the Prue mentions don't cover up for the fact she wasn't there.

• Members

To be honest, I didn't even watch the finale after reading who would not be on it. To me, the show took two major hits duing its run that I don't think it ever recovered from.

First, losing Shannon Doherty as Prue. You didn't fully realize what she meant to the show until she was gone. And I really find it hard to believe that something couldn't have been worked out to have her on the finale in some way.

Then, writing off Julian McMahon as Cole. I adored that character and what Julian did for him over the years. That character had it all - the fight between good and evil, the underlying belief and hope in true love and fantastic chemistry with Alyssa Milano. Sigh! Phoebe never ever came close to such a great/entertaining romance with anyone else. I had hoped that somehow he would be part of this time travel episode but no dice.

Archived