List your top 10 shows of the 2005-2006 season

KevC1980

• Members

1: Grey's Anatomy- Not a boring episode in the bunch this season. Went from 0 to 60 from the Super Bowl and didn't stop for the rest of the season.

2: Arrested Development- Possibly one of the greatest sitcoms in television history. The final season was so funny and the finale was heartbreakingly hilarious.

3: House- Who knew I'd be addicted to the antics of a mad doctor? Hugh Laurie is fantastic and the show never disappoints. Tuesday's episode was a high point in the season.

4: Weeds- Pot smoking in the suburbs. On paper it looks mediocre, but thanks to a fantastic cast, brilliant writing, and a wry unpredictability, this show has gone beyond my expectations.

5: Boston Legal- The show had possibly one of the worst season premieres in memory, but the show got better and better and better and I can't wait for next season.

6: Everwood- This show just keeps getting better and the show has found a balance between the heartbreaking, the witty, and the dramatic. I'll miss the show when it leaves. ([!@#$%^&*] CW)

7: Scrubs- This season just shows how a great show becomes an extraordinary show. Situations that would bring other shows down just made this how better and I can't wait for next season.

8: The West Wing- Who knew that a show that had become such an afterthought could become great once again. The show's always been blessed with a brilliant cast but now the writing finally put them to good use once again. Brilliant finale.

9: Veronica Mars- Though not as good as the fantastic first season, this show just keeps going and going. They may have not given us EVERYTHING we wanted, but the final 5 episodes were must see TV.

10: Big Brother 6- Mental masturbation at its finest. There are no words to describe the mayhem that went on this season. Best Big Brother season since BB3.

Honorable mention:

Girlfriends- Would have gotten at No.10, but the finale went too far IMO.

Six Feet Under- I would have made it No.1 just because of the finale, but the first 3 episodes this season were really weak.

Nip/Tuck- Great show, sick as hell but I love it, but the finale was disappointingly predictable.

Law & Order: SVU- Great season, but nothing will top seasons 3-5 IMO.

Dishonorable mention:

Desperate Housewives- Sophomore slump exhibit 1.

One Tree Hill- Why is this [!@#$%^&*] show still on the [!@#$%^&*] air while Everwood gets the royal ax?

7th Heaven- See above.

The L Word- You bastards killed Dana and not Jenny. [!@#$%^&*] you.

Pepper Dennis- New title: Mary Murphy McBeal.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

1. Big Brother 6: Probably the best reality TV season ever. The show was simply amazing. Janelle, Howie & Kaysar were such huge stars. The only downside was seeing a horrible final 2.

2. Nip/Tuck: Amazing show. I need to get the first 2 seasons on DVD.

3. Survivor: Guatemala: This is my favorite season of Survivor. I adored it. After AllStars, Palau & Vanuatu I was getting worried then came along this season. And then my favorite survivor ever Danni Boatwright wins.

4. Lost: Although, the 2nd season wasn't as good as the first it was still amazing.

5. America's Next Top Model 5: This was my favorite season of ANTM. Although, I didn't like Nicole I loved how Nik made it to the Final 2.

6. America's Next Top Model 6: Another good season and for the first time I liked everyone in the Final 3. Jade also made the season fun to watch.

7. Desperate Housewives: Like Lost the show wasn't as good as the first but has been pretty good the 2nd half.

These were really the only ones I watched. Both AR were meh for me and Survivor: Exile Island was also meh.

• Members

In no particular order...

1. America's Next Top Model Cycle 5: Forget who won, the season gave us such classics as Lisa vs. Coryn (and what are you, alcoholic !@#$%^&*]?), YaYa's younger sister Bre and some pretty good photo shoots.

2. America's Next Top Model Cycle 6: A very good final two, but overall the contestants were weak.

We were also introduced to Jade. Need I say more?

3. Nip/Tuck: Phenomenal season!

4. Grey's Anatomy: While it plays out like a teen drama at times the medical aspect of the show is flawless.

5. Survival of the Richest: I'm probably the only person who saw this show. Great trashy fun.

6. The Apprentice: Martha Stewart: Good challenges and good contestants. The ending sucked though, and a second season would've worked with a few changes here and there.

7. Survivor: Guatemala: Not one of the best seasons, but an upgrade from the last one I saw (All Stars)

8. Survivor: Exile Island: A bit boring at times, but there were some great contestants... most notably Shane, Cirie and Aras. BOOOO to Terry.

9. The Amazing Race: Family Edition: While the places sucked, the family rivalries more than made up for it.

10. The Amazing Race: Back to the classic formula.We had great locations and great teams: BJ/Tyler, Lori/Dave :wub: , Lake/Michelle and the Glamazons. We also got Dancing Phil!!!!!!

HM: Supernatural

The Worst

1. The Apprentice Season 5: The show started out well but fell apart in it's later weeks.None of the remaining contestants are worthy.

2. Desperate Housewives: Terrible first half of the season. The Applewhites dragged the show down... has picked up with the Bree and Gabby stuff but nowhere as good as Season 1.

• Members

I didn't see alot of primetime TV this season, only shows I managed to still see every week were Desperate Housewives and CSI but here it goes based on what I did see and have read. (just doing a top 5)

1. Grey's Anatomy- was THE show this year and garnered all the attention and proved that it wasn't just riding the coat tails of hits lead in. One of the best written shows to come along in a long time and it is ABC's flagship show now, or at least should be.

2. House- while alot of its ratings come from having AI as its lead in Hugh Laurie is one talented MOFO and the writing also here is awesome. Some of the best dialouge.

3. Law & Order: SVU- the only L&O for me that has real relevance. Now the top rated in the set and has been for a few years now and one major reason is Mariska. She just plain rocks. It was a let down from the previous season but still was awesome.

4. Desperate Housewives- it was a let down for sure but I think that was inevitable. It really only got back on tract after Christmas. It still does it for me and the last few weeks have rocked. I am expecting alot of the season finale.

5. CSI- this will go down as the year where this ground breaking show reached its peak.... ita sll downhill from here I am afraid. They strayed too much into the personal lives of the characters and got away from what made CSI awesome, a hour of self contained entertainment! I am usually a whore for serialized shows but CSI hooked me when it first debuted and continued to hook me until this season. HUGE HUGE let down. If they plan to continue going this root I suggest they end they go one more year. Go out while they are still on top. I think with Studio 60 coming in and Grey's Anatomy to challenge, its only a matter of time before CSI loses its deathgrip on Thursday nights.

• Members

1. LOST

2. E.R.

3. Scrubs

4. Law & Order: SVU

5. CSI

6. CSI: NY

7. Practice (final season aired now in Croatia)

8. Will & Grace

9. Hope & Faith

10. Troublemakers and Princesses (Croatian sitcom)

• Members

No order

House

Boston Legal

Crossing Jordan

Grey's Anatomy

Medium

Close To Home

Without a Trace

CSI

CSI-Miami

Cold Case

I used to be a big Desperate Housewives fan, but I stopped watching mid season. It really sucked this season.

Archived