Big Brother Canada 3

KMan101

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Me too! I can't wait for this one to return. I hope it continues to be amazing. Seasons 1 and 2 will be hard to follow but I have faith. Big Brother USA also used to be good at one time (BB2, BB3, BB6, BB8, BB10), but much more hit and miss. I don't hate BB1, BB4, BB5 or BB7 but they are bit more meh compared to the other five I listed. I haven't been very thrilled with the US version since Season 10. BB11, BB12, BB13, BB14, BB15, BB16 were all very very ugh to me. Too much ugliness and not enough rootable people. BB13 and BB14 annoy me because they wasted returning players. BB12 and BB16 would be higher up if it weren't for the boys club. BB15 started off with potential but after Race Wars it went completely downhill.

• Members

The sad thing is BBCAN still ends up with the same power structures winning anyway. If not for heavy rigging last season, odious, offensive people who mostly got by because they were dudebros and dudebro hanger-ons would have won, and ultimately a dudebro still won, it was just the nicer one of the cast.

• Members

But that's what I enjoy about BBCAN unlike BBUSA. It is at least expected for a power shift to occur and they actually leave it up to the viewers. It wasn't rigged like last season of BBUSA where they did their best to make sure Frankie made it to jury and Derrick won.

And I actually don't mind both winners we've had thus far.

• Members

To me BBCAN is clumsily rigged (they obviously wanted boring Alison to be voted in and wanted her to get the secret veto, then there was Dan telling people to get rid of Emmett), but it doesn't bother me as much yet because it hasn't really hurt any players I liked or the game itself. But I feel like it's going to happen at some point and I'm wary about it. They're just lucky that dumbass Alison voted Arlie out because a Rachelle/Sabrina final 2 would have been a disaster.

• Members

I don't know. I'm not seeing the riggage on BBCAN that I see on BBUS.

It wasn't really a dudebro situation in BBCAN2 though. In the beginning, sure, but Kenny and Andrew were quickly disposed of, Neda and Heather became huge favorites, Sabrina, Rachelle, Alison were all around for a while ... Arlie was dispatched of in a beautiful moment, Adel was a dead man walking (and became extremely obnoxious for a while) ... yeah, Jon won, and I'd rather of had Neda win, but in BBUS, the Kenny/Andrew alliance would have dominated the entire game. I appreciate how they had the audience become HOH and woke up the other players and gave them the motivation they needed to start making moves.

I didn't see any rigging for Allison.

BBCAN is leagues better than BBUS.

• Members

They were disposed of because of rigs (Canada's HOH). If not for that I have a feeling they would have lasted a long time, as various people were playing solely for them to win.

Fortunately we didn't have to see that.

Allison was the only one of the three newcomers to get any sort of show push (she's a superfan!), and she was also the only one who knew where the hidden veto could be found (as she'd stayed in the room).

Archived