Horrific Murder-Suicide in Affluent Westchester County, NY

edgeofnight

• Members

This has probably made the national news...but it's within my home county of Westchester, NY. Earlier this week, a lawyer bludgeoned his wife with a table leg and used a 12 gauge shotgun to kill his two children, a daughter age 10, and a son, age 8, while they slept in their beds, before shooting himself in the unfinished basement of the family's posh home.

It has been on our local news, 24/7, as you can imagine. Apparently, the couple was going through an ugly divorce.

Looking on the map, it's less than 18 miles NE of where I live.

You'd never expect such a thing to happen...in an area where the likes of Ron Howard, Glenn Close and the late Christopher Reeve called home. That section of the county is absolutely beautiful. The late actress Ann Williams (The Doctors, Search for Tomorrow, Edge of Night and Loving) lived here with her family. Ann loved her horses. The first photo she ever sent me was of her and one of her beloved horses.

Sadly, it's not the first time that Westchester County has made national headlines. A little over 2 years ago, was the infamous Wrong Way driving tragedy on the Taconic State Parkway that killed eight people, including four children.

It is really heart-breaking to hear these types of stories, particularly when they're (geographically) so close to you.

I'm not well, myself, as many of you know. I've had a host of medical problems over the last 11 years. I just wanted to reach out to all of you and tell you about this senseless tragedy. May God bless all of you.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived