ALL: Best Recap Website(s)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I go to Soap Opera Digest's website to read recaps. They have the most thorough, though out recaps IMO.

When I want to get facts, I usually go to soapcentral since they have those character synopses. They really need to update all of them, though. Kendall from AMC as an example smile.gif: her synopses just ends at February 2009, when she was driving recklessly and almost hit Greenlee, who swerved over the cliff. The synopses just ends there, how annoying...lol

One place I do NOT recommend to get recaps: SOAPnet.com. They have long, thought our caps as well but it's stupid because you have to actually click page 1, page 2, page 3 to read them fully (whereas with Soap Digest, it's just all one big page with about the same amount of content). I hate that because there's like, a few paragraphs on each page. They can fit that mess into just one page and they know it...And there's also ad videos screaming at you to the right every time you click, and the recaps are written in such a childish way.

• Members

soapcentral.com has really good daily recaps, IMO. They also have really good character synopseses, but like AllMyDaysatGH said, they tend to just cut off at certain events and they don't always keep it up to date.

SoapNet sucks.

SoapOperaDigest is good.

Also, if you can't get soapcentral.com in Canada (which I think you can), if you just type in the characters names in Wikipedia, most of them have really thorough character bios that usually have really thorough facts and details for every storyline the character has been in...Also a LOT of the character bios on Wiki are directly copied from soapcentral, so they're pretty reliable.

• Members

One thing that bugs me about SOC's character bios is how some soaps have tons of characters covered (case in point: ATWT has a page for Susan......Hughes, who never actually appeared on the show) while others have very few. You won't find many pages for pre-90s AMC characters, even long-running ones like Daisy, Ellen, Estelle, etc. And some, like Tom, just have a few paragraphs to cover like 20 years of storylines.

Archived