DC Fall Blind Items

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't see them writing for Roxanne, they not writing for her now. Maybe if they recast her as a white girl. Or it could be that CKLily finally going to do a Newman. CKLily might not stay with Cane. After the Cattle Maffia comes after Cane. CKLily going to need another white prince charming waiting in the wings. We know CKLily can't be alone to reflect why she can't be alone and why the guys have to be white.

\

• Members

One thing's for sure: with only six soaps on the air now, it's so much easier to guess the b.i.'s. ;-)

Don't be surprised if you learn in a couple of days that an upcoming storyline involving a popular character finding his or herself in mortal danger has more to do with contract negotiations and behind-the-scenes powerplays than storyline.

For some reason, the words "mortal danger" have me thinking of GH, but it could just as easily be about B&B's Susan Flannery (Stephanie).

A recent observer on the set of this soap opera was taken aback at how everyone appears to be walking around in miserable, zombie states—despite all the pronouncements in the press that "everyone loves" the show's Big Cheese.

Y&R. No one on that set (aside from Michael Muhney and the "invaders" from prime-time and other media) can be happy w/ what their show has become.

One soap opera's PR peeps aren't denouncing an online rumor they know good and doggone well isn't true, because the brass wishes it were so! They secretly hope all the buzz online will convince the subject of the rumor to rejoin the serial.

Roger Howarth/OLTL.

A beloved, favorite son will return to this soap just in time to grub on some turkey—with a new face.

Joey Buchanan (OLTL).

An incredibly sexy ex-soaper, who moved on to moderate success in primetime and on cable, is up for a much-discussed soap hunk role.

Eddie Cibrian.

This soap recently pitched to TPTB the idea of reuniting a popular couple from a cancelled sudser on their show. Unfortunately (or fortunately if you look at the stats of such an occurence actually working) one half of said couple booked a new soap gig before you could say "Get his or her agent on the phone."

Michael Park and Maura West (ex-Jack and Carly, AS THE WORLD TURNS)/OLTL.

Look for a recently recast legacy soap character to find his or herself in an interracial romance soon, and no, I ain't talking about Michael Corinthos!

Noah Newman (Y&R). Question is, who's gonna be the "lucky" girl?

Creatives at a show on a particular network are ticked off about all the interference they receive from the higher ups, when another show runner on their lineup infamously tells TIIC to back off—even refusing to take network meetings—and the boss reluctantly slumps off and leaves that soaper alone.

OLTL/GH.

One thesp's humorous tweets about his or her lack of storyline has not gone unnoticed by the brass, but don't look for it to result in more screentime for the popular soap vet anytime soon.

NLG.

Which network exec torments his or her showrunners about all the "awesome talk show pilots" that are coming across his or her desk in order to scare them into complying with network notes?

Frons.

Which showrunner is itching to try his or her hand at a supernatural storyline, but can't get approval from the network?

Rauch. (I doubt Frons would balk if one of "his" shows were to suggest it.)

Which actress, who was at one point was griping about wanting to be reunited with her longtime leading man, is perfectly happy to be in a buzz-inducing pairing with the soap's current "It Boy"? Can't say we blame her. Her former lead doesn't know where he is.

For me, the keyword here is "longtime." Thus, I doubt we're talking about Amelia Heinle since I'd hardly qualify Thad Luckinbill as "longtime." So, I'll go w/ Case/Muhney/Morrow.

Archived