DAYS cuts cast...

• Members

I am a huge sami and ali fan, and she can and is no doubt a lead and should be. However, the show can not be centered around her - because a soap opera can never be centered around one person. Back is Hogan's days the Sami & Her Men Show failed fo so many reasons, but one of the main reasons was because the focued this entire show around Sami. The same could have been for Belle, Carrie or anyone else. A soap opera needs to be an ensemble show.

Now the show can focus its main story around Sami, and honestly it should IMHO, but it only works if we see her Mother & Father try to stear her in the right direction, see her grandma Caroline support her and build her back up when shes been torn down. When we have someone on the other end of her (he being the town bitch). A man that wants her and a man she wants. It has to be layered.

Thats how shows need to sue the history - if they are not going togo all Y&R and focus the show on the history, they need to use whatever they are using to focus the show around and play up the history. Like, Maggie doesnt need a lead storyline - but how great would it be if Brady or Lucas or struggling not to fall off the wagon and Maggie happens to spot them and goes up to them "I understand..."

When belle cheated on Shawn and slept with philip as she was falling for him but trying not to they should have so had (and maybe did, i forget) Her and Marlena talk and Marlena can tell her "Well, i understand. When i was married to Roman and fell in love with your father..." (Something OLTL does very well with Jessica & Viki).

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived