B&B: Should Brad Bell stick to producing?

• Members

1. Pretty much, the show very rarely had this. Only two months a year, as JP pointed out. And where is it now? In the litter.

2. None, also because the leads don't know how to act. And by that I mean e.g. Brooke and Ridge. KKL should never win an Emmy.

3. No one.

4. No one.

5. Gone like the snows of yesteryear.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No, I'd go for a quickie: let them get married and fast. Then don't let them divorce for the next 15 years. Make them a happy couple with children.

A very good one. Never gonna happen though. Because La Flannery is retiring.

• Members

Sure, this could work. When I first read this, I thought: no, no recasts, just wipe the character from the face of the Earth. But a really successful recast could work. Only without the "good twin vs. bad twin" and without the never-ending rescuing.

Sure, OK, only that I think something is missing here: how can I now invent a character that is, say, Eric's long-lost son? And make him gaye? There needs to be another family on this show and this new gay guy needs to have a circle of his own. But as you say, never gonna happen. Even though Brad Bell is a Democrat.

• Members

Here is where i stand on B&B.

I am sick to death if Ridge, Brooke & Nick. All three of them. They are such a wast!! Where is Thorne at? Why are him and Katie not in a moonlight type relationship working at Spectra? Where is the fashion empire side of this show now? I like Rick & Taylor, and hell even Bridgett & Nick and Ridge & Ashley - but where are they going? Is there a long term plan? Am i supposed to be able to root for something or some one? Where is the real human emotions and conflict?

I don't mind camp, but in recent years B&B camp has gone passions camp. Before it was there, but it was subtle and hidden. now the entire show is camp.. in a bad way. Its like JER has taken over.

I still have Alden love tho, and think the main problem here is Bell, who i think much like Corday at Days would rather ruin his show than step aside and admit he needs help.

• Members

Re Thomas...

I would keep DTB in the role, because i think he fits in at B&B well, but i could see some seeing that as a bad thing given the leads there and how horrid they all are...

i would love the beemer on B&B, but not as thomas because i *KNOW* he and LK would have so much sexual tension.

as sylph, id love BH in the role if i couldnt have my DTB.

I still think making thorne gay would be best. or felicia...

• Members

This is gonna be long! :D

I hated when B&B was under Kay Alden's helm during the strike. Everything was so dark, and the cast was sparingly used. She had no grasp on the characters or the style of the show itself. At the moment, things have changed, and not for the better. What is happening isn't actually bad in small doses. I.e Pam's antics, Tiny's death, Rick & Taylor, Eric & Donna - in a different context, these stories would work, but as they are, they suck.

For me, Pam needs more of a direction; more motive. I'm actually feeling for Donna, who is being victimized by a crazy woman, and know one seems to believe her. How many wack jobs has this show had? Too many! So why is Eric brushing Donna's concerns to one side? I liked it when Pam had a crush on Eric, but now, that's faded, and I'm not really sure why she's tormenting Donna. And Stephanie is just left gasping in utter shock at Pam's antics. "I switched Eric's magic pills." "OMG! You switched his vi... OMG!" Stephanie needs to be more pro-active. It doesn't even seem like her fight. As for Eric, he just looks a complete fool.

I like the idea of Rick & Taylor - they make a hot couple. I just don't like this Taylor. This is *so* out of character for her. Whatever happened to her morals, and that holier-than-thou attitude that used to grate at times, but now is sorely missing. Taylor would never have been so easily seduced into acting like Brooke. She needs to call time on it. How about Taylor and Storm? (He'd ditch the homicidal tendencies)

It's interesting reading people's ideas, and what they'd like to happen - not all are on the top of my list... but hey.

For me, BB needs to allow Brooke to grow and mature. Her character is in a major rut, which puts the show into a rut. If she could just choose between Ridge and Nick (or neither) and just stick to it for at least a year, then things would improve. The constant flickering from Ridge and Nick has zero depth, and doesn't make the audience care. It just shakes us about, until we chuck-up.

I would have a triangle between Brooke/Ridge/Ashley, which would see Ridge turn to Ash. Not a full blown affair, just a connection, a bond that has them sharing time. This would be the catalyst that sends Brooke on a spiritual quest, where she'd embark on proper reflection. She'd return, ending it with Ridge. Brooke desperately needs to learn to be independent, and not be so needy. Only then can she have a grown up relationship, who may-or-may-not be with Ridge. I don't like the idea of Ridge & Ashley being a happy couple - this normally means back-burner status.

The gay character is a nice idea, but I'd settle for *any* kind of diversity. I totally love the idea of bi CJ - and it doesn't have to be a snoozefest if done right, Sylph. I also think Felicia is perfect bi material. Either way, shove both characters together. Felicia could maybe misconstrue the signals with Ashley, and kiss her. It would linger of course. It could add a whole new dynamic to her and Ridge's relationship. With Fifi, I think she'd be pretty comfortable with herself. CJ though, I can imagine being less confident.

The fashion aspect needs to return, pronto; and the cast needs to be utilized more. I'd love to see Jackie and Clarke get together - more casual than serious, though. CJ could work for them (as well as running Insomnia), and Tony and Kristen could return to Spectra, and she could be secretly pregnant - how controversial!

Thorne is in desperate need of a story. Seeing as the Forrester's are meant to be high profile, I'd have him meet a new girl (con artist), who'd be out to exploit him for all he's got. She'd set-up a hidden camera in Thorne's house, handing the tapes over to some shady guy, in exchange for money. She'd be a hit with his family, including Katie, who would develop a thing for Thorne. What the tapes are for, and why she needs cash would be a mystery.

I also think a new take on the directing would improve B&B's look. And the opening is too dull for B&B - needs more colour (in every sense of the word).

Archived