Days: Tuesday, Feb.5

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And so, the Pawn's mysterious origins have been revealed ... again.

If today's big reveal were the first time we had dealt w/ John's true identity, then I would be impressed. Certainly, Shirley Jones, Deidre Hall and even Drake Hogestyn did a masterful job with what potentially could have been tedious scenes. (Having characters sit and reveal the denoument to a mystery is never fun to watch.)

Unfortunately, this wasn't the first time John (or the audience) had learned of his true self, so I ended up feeling rather ho-hum about it. I have to admit, this "creation story" definitely made more sense than some of the others; but I guess I'm too scared to invest in it, since history, such as it is, has shown to be extremely unreliable when it comes to Mr. Black.

• Members

Days Rocksssssssssssssss.I love this show right now.

I'm so happy that the vets are on all the time.

I'm so happy that Victor came back.Wish u all the best Julie :)

I loved the scene with Kayla/Bo from today and yesterday.This two has a lots of chemistry as brother & sister!

• Administrator

I like the origin story too. I loved the Alamain mention and Victor mentioning bringing the Pawn to Salem.

Oh and did anyone else notice the dialogue? For some reason, this scab writer just loves to write "Just like that."

Last week, there was a back-t-back scene with Chelsea saying, "Just like that?" and Victor replying, "Just like that."

Now today, Bo asking Victor, "Just like that?" with Victor of course answering, "Just like that."

Someone is obsessed with those three words. :lol:

• Members

Today was pretty good.

First off, I will start with the negative (I know...Phoenix being negative...cue the reactions of shock and disbelief :lol:). Billie's exit was horribly rushed and maybe that was better for her but it just felt like a "we'll see you soon" type deal and not a goodbye for a long time. Pinson acted her butt off and I could tell, like Judi Evans' goodbye, the tears in her eyes were real. It's funny how Judi Evans got a better goodbye and she is recurring and Pinson was contract but I guess different situations. I will miss Julie and thought her and Rachel's real life closeness shown through. I will miss the dynamic between them and thought they both were great today. I also wish we had gotten an actual Billie/Kate goodbye scene but I did love Billie's line about Kate speaking like a true mother. The little Roman/Kate moment also has me concerned Higley may make her too soft and she did come off soft today. I don't mind Kaman but I don't want Kate gutted either as a character.

I also hated the "Just like that" line coming up again twice in Bo and Victor's phone conversation. I chalk it up to scabs but still. That line came up twice two ago so there was no excuse. I did enjoy the Philip/Victor and Philip/Bo conversations and how it allowed word about Colleen/Claire/Brady to travel back to Salem and word of Crawford and the charges being dropped traveling to Ireland. Also liked the mentions of Isabella and Victor's role in the Pawn story. Very fitting with the current stories with Brady and John. It was nice seeing Victor, Kate, Roman, Chelsea, and Billie interact. The Roberts/Reeds and Kiriakis families together again in a scene has been a long time coming. I love Chelsea and Victor's relationship and look forward to seeing more of it. I love Victor being back and in form (wonder what he did to do to Crawford). Glad they had Billie go to London and so something in security. Fitting with her ISA roots and all.

The other negative for me was concerning the Colleen/John reveal. I liked the backstory and it was pretty much what I expected. Sure, there are holes but it works for me. However, I wash oping they would've went the route of Stefano knowing John was Santeen's because it just makes so much more sense and explains why Stefano would go after him and hate him and so on. I guess it makes it more suspenseful if and when Stefano wakes up and learns who John really is but I think Stefano knowing would've been the better way to go. This way made sense too but I digress. Loved the name Ryan and I thought Dee, Drake, and Shirley were fantastic. Shirley did a good job going from fear to showing the love for her son in her eyes. Drake really played the conflict within well, which was hard with him having to play having no emotions. I did like how things came together with this (the medallion, picture, etc.). There was follow through, which was nice. Loved the music too for the scenes.

The Shelle flashbacks were another negative but with their situation and it being a strike, just another think to chalk up to scabs. I did enjoy the Bo/Steve/Kayla scenes and how they made an attempt at explaining Bo's illness with medical jargon. We never even got that much with Jack. Loved the Bo and Kayla scenes. These two have such great sibling chemistry and I love that she is there for them and how they were with each other when they got word about Chelsea. I also like how they told Hope and made a big deal out of it. Hope/Steve felt like old times too (loved the leprechaun line) and I like the mention of how he was there for her and Bo when Bo learned he was Victor's son and how that played into the current situation with Steve wanting Hope to give Bo space again. Love how it was played and how Kristian had Hope look concerned and worried from that point on.

Good ending with John running off too. All in all, good show.

Archived