ATWT: Monday Jan 21 Episode

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm watching it too and thus enjoying it so far. I have high definition television and I kind of see what you're saying, Stenbeck. :)

Question: Is that really Jon Hensely's hair? I'm not making fun of him at all, but I just notice these things on high definition.

• Members

I think Hensley looks hot. It's a total update on his hunky farm hand look.

Man, today's show brings up ALL SORTS of issues.

Who's running The City Times and WOAK? It's odd that so many people were clueless about Dusty's murder. Kim certainly would have ordered someone to get the news on the airwaves. Bonnie looked like an idiot running to the farm with all the things that went down lately. Couldn't she just call Holden?

I really don't want to be in the position to think Roger Howarth can actually act, so I wish TPTB would just dump the guy and stop trying to diversify Paul.

Why would Susan protect Holden if she thinks Emily did it? She could serve up a suspect and get her daughter off the hook. Unless she hated Dusty enough to not want his murder solved...

The way continuity and history were handled today, I expected Barbara's sadness to be explained in part because Dusty was Gunnar's son. Oh well. Her cancer ordeal becomes quite real when we hear details about salivary glands and taste buds.

I love it when Tom and Margo have conflicting roles in a criminal case. They just can't keep their family members out of trouble!

• Members

I guess Dusty's death is not major news in Oakdale. :lol: I loved that Barbara found out about Dusty's death. Instead of skipping through it and her just popping up at the funeral. I am glad she mentioned Bob and how he was doing. It was about time she at least asked about him. I also enjoyed Barbara's scenes with the doctor. It seemed so real after knowing what Colleen went through. The Non Gunnar mention also didnt sit well with me. When she meant family I thought Barbara was going to say he is Gunnar's son. Instead we had to listen to the baby mess again and his marriage to Jennifer. :rolleyes:

Besides that it was a fantastic show!!

• Members

I guess Dusty's death is not major news in Oakdale. :lol: I loved that Barbara found out about Dusty's death. Instead of skipping through it and her just popping up at the funeral. I am glad she mentioned Bob and how he was doing. It was about time she at least asked about him. I also enjoyed Barbara's scenes with the doctor. It seemed so real after knowing what Colleen went through. The Non Gunnar mention also didnt sit well with me. When she meant family I thought Barbara was going to say he is Gunnar's son. Instead we had to listen to the baby mess again and his marriage to Jennifer. :rolleyes:

• Members

guess Dusty's death is not major news in Oakdale. :lol: I loved that Barbara found out about Dusty's death. Instead of skipping through it and her just popping up at the funeral. I am glad she mentioned Bob and how he was doing. It was about time she at least asked about him. I also enjoyed Barbara's scenes with the doctor. It seemed so real after knowing what Colleen went through. The Non Gunnar mention also didnt sit well with me. When she meant family I thought Barbara was going to say he is Gunnar's son. Instead we had to listen to the baby mess again and his marriage to Jennifer. :rolleyes:

• Members

LOL...anyone else think the inspiration for Katie and Brad's entire story was a "America's Funniest Home Videos" marathon? Seriously, tumbling down a hill??? (That looked suspiciously like the hill Luke tumbled down....)

I would have been shocked if Barbara had brought up Dusty being Gunnar's son. I don't think it's been mentioned in the FIVE years since he returned. What STUNK was no one mentioning calling John with the news. Not Lucinda, Barb or Margo. And what's with the BS about Margo "liking" Dusty? She hasn't acted like it in the past five years. She's never acted like they were even close at one time.

Now that I'm done griping, I'll mention I thought it was a pretty good episode, aside from the Katie crap. I've got an issue with why Margo and Jack each questioned their relative in this murder investigation, when it would have been more logical for them to switch, Jack questioning Chris, and Margo, Holden and Lily. (Jack looked like he was practically badgering Lily, who didn't even seem all there.) But otherwise, there were nods to history (Paul/Em's convo in particular...geez, it only took about two years for some closure...), Barb's mourning Jen's husband; some family unity (Jack/Holden/Lily, Tom/Chris), and characters interacting outside their usual story bubble (Margo/Jack). It felt like an old-fashioned eppy, in a GOOD way.

And, the previews looked good. Go, Rosanna! And finally, Carly returns. :D

• Members

The Brad stuff was ok for me. I liked that it was outdoors.

I forgot about John...LOL. It would have been nice had they gotten John to appear in one episode. The show did seem like an old fashioned episode. I had the same feeling.

Tomorrow's show looks kind of blah to me....LOL. Compared to todays show tomorrow doesnt look as good. We will have to wait and see.

Archived