ABCD: New Bumpers to come?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That would be great if it's true. I always love it when soaps get new openings. It seems like just yesterday when the current one premiered in 2004.

I'm 100% positive that AMC is getting new bumpers - if GH and OLTL have them (nearly identical ones, for that matter), then AMC will get them. They may not be finished yet, who knows what the hold up is but they are definitely getting them.

• Members

Those are horrid! The GH one has potential except why put new shots of Carly and Elizabeth in with a really old shot of Sonny and screencaps of Jax and Jason? Why didn't Maurice, Ingo and Steve get new photos?

The OLTL one is just as bad. New shots of Todd and Cristian are mixed with a mismatched lot of other pics. I dont see why these shows dont do photos for the entire cast rather than just the odd few, it doesnt make sense to me.

ETA: Just to prove that it only takes five minutes to make something half decent, here's something I knocked up.

ghhead_lljasam.jpg

• Members

I agree about the bumpers...they are much better than the openings.

If AMC gets a new opening, then look for OLTL and GH to get ones as well. Frons like uniformity, so if one soap gets something, look for the other two to follow suit just like the 2004 openings.

• Members

*If* I remember correctly, she said in her July newsletter they were taking a lot of new shots for the opening. Now, she could have meant updated shots for the present opening, however only BethAnn Bonner, David Chisum, and Jason Tam were the only ones that needed to be added at that time. Justis Bolding had just started a few weeks prior as Sarah, while Farah Fath, Brian Kerwin, John Brotherton, and Chris Stack had yet to premiere. So, Erika could have been referring to just the bumpers, or to a brand new opening featuring some of the same images we saw in the new bumpers. I hope that made since; I'm a little sleepy right now. :mellow:

Archived