DAYS: Thursday, Nov. 15

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, that's you and your opinion.

EJ will always be a rapist to me.

Jack admitted what he did, said how sorry he was for doing what he did, and slowly turned into a good character.

EJ, IMO, is getting exactly what he deserved.

Love JS as an actor, but EJ should be laying right in that bed. Maybe he'll now think about how badly he screwed up.

Now, back on topic........ :)

• Members

Great show. It was good to have Tony back again, and I like what he told Stefano about the foolishness of the vendetta. Good scenes with EJ and Kate/Stefano/Sami. James Scott is doing a nice job showing EJ's despair, and it was good to hear him admit to Kate that his father had raised him to take what he wanted and that's what he did with Sami. It's been a long time coming, but we need to see some repentance on his part. I'm hating Lucas more and more each day, but I'm finding Philip very intriguing outside the Belle storyline. It will be interesting to see what his plans are concerning the gun.

As for the sorority storyline, I'm frustrated by the lack of police involvement and also wondered why Cordy's parents weren't with her today. It seems like a rape should be handled by something other than a university disciplinary hearing, especially since the accused's father is on the board and best buddies with the Dean. But I still love Morgan!

• Members

Ummm... the show definitely is demonstrating EJ thinking about what he's done and how he lived his life this week. Did you miss his talk to Kate today about how he had always taken what he wanted including Sami and forced her into a marriage with him and that was wrong?

• Members

Its Cordy with a Y not Cordi with an I just saying.

Wouldn't they have the evidence of Morgan clearly being drugged and out of it against Ford? She was clearly out of it when Max and Jett found her so even if she was just drunk that would still be considered an attempted rape.

• Members

They mentioned that today and, just as I thought, they went with the reasoning that it was a party and anyone could have drugged her. Plus, it seems some of the guys at the party lied and backed up Ford so that didn't help either. Without Cordy, they have nothing. That is why the police didn't get involved yet. Cordy needs to make a direct statement to college officials and then they bring the police in where she needs to do the same thing for them.

Good show.

Nice seeing Tony again. Seems Thaoo is back from Australia. Love him being sarcastic and his scenes with Stefano always rock. Joe and him work so well together. It was also nice seeing Tony and Kate in the same scene. I was hoping for more there but oh well. Love that we are seeing so much of Kate and Stefano. Nice seeing Kate doing something more meaningful and having Stefano up and around and not laying or sitting is great. Kate seems to really care for EJ and I thought her scenes with him had good layers to them.

JS is really rocking it this week and that last scene was beautiful and I am a LUMI fan. The music, Ali, James...wow. I also love Colleen talking to Sami. It reminds me of the "mini Samis" that came to Sami under JER during his second stint to serve as her conscience. It's helping to bring the spark back to Sami too and her hair also seems different. Did she go back to her old hair color?

Lucas/Philip was good. Nice to see them doing new things. JKJ was really good today and I wonder where this gun thing is going. Nice seeing them have scenes as brothers after so long.

The sorority story is pretty much my favorite story right now because it's so realistic and being written with care, thought, and effort. Good acting by all. Nice seeing Billie get something to do. Love Chelsea showing her spark. Shelley is doing a good job with the internal conflict. Nice nod to history mentioning Kayla's rape and what Rebert did to Chelsea. Morgan was great too. Love her. Ford, the dead, and Ford's father were jackasses.

I hope tomorrow can cap off this solid week strongly.

• Members

You weren't watching back during the Jack/Kayla storyline, so really, how can you make a judgement on his redemption? Because it happened to the almighty Stephanie's mother? You have no idea how it played out, how well written it was compared to this crap, and how powerful the acting was during those scenes.

• Members

Sorry to bump an old thread up... but I just caught up watching the episodes. To be fair, Stephanie never said anything about Jack being the rapist. In this off-camera scene where Kayla told Steph (once she first moved out on her own), she probably didn't get into the family dynamics of it, or that it was Steph's uncle, and they were married at the time because Steve knew he was Billy, etc. I know if it were my kid, those wouldn't be details I'd divulge immediately... not if the point of telling Stephanie was to open up and warn her now that she's on her own.

There's every possibility they're putting that part of the story in their back pocket, for future use. Like if Matt Ashford ever came back. It doesn't make much sense to play the reveal to Stephanie if Jack isn't around.

I do agree I wish we'd seen the scene where Kayla tells her about the rape (even without the mention of Jack). But if Kayla just talked about being raped when she was Stephanie's age, I can forgive it if she didn't get into the gory details. That should definitely be saved for down the line.

Archived