DAYS: Wednesday

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Steve and Kayla continue to be great and the baby is soooooo CUTE. But that's about the only positive thing I have to say about this episode.

It doesn't make sense for Jett to be a hard ass to Max now when he helped roped Max into this in the first place. It's like either they had no idea where this story was going when they started or they changed direction midstream or Hogan simply failed to clue in the script writers so there could be any continuity from the beginning.

Stephanie getting sexually harassed... what a surprise from Hogan Sheffer... Once again a plot point centered around a women being victimized and featuring sexist behavior. So sick of this crap. BTW, who was flying the plane when Jeremy and Jett were both out of the cockpit dealing with the unruly passenger?

I can't believe the EJami/Lumi triangle is really the weak link of the show right now for me when that was all that kept me tuning in from Jan-April.

I don't know who the hell EJ is anymore. I loved EJ the dashing man of mystery last summer/fall, I loved EJ the slimy, but honest about being slimy witty villain of the winter/spring who was always one step ahead of everyone, I loved EJ as the remorseful Lancelot trying to do everything he could do to protect Sami even though she was married to someone else and it required him going against his family to protect her this summer but this... what the hell IS this? Dumb, desperate, deceitful EJ? I don't recognize him and I don't like this. If EJ's redemption wasn't real and there is no chance that Sami will fall for him, and to me that is how they are playing it now, then what a pointless waste of time their story this summer and Colleen-Santo has been for all viewers. It pissed off EJ/EJami haters for no reason, and EJ/EJami fans like me who got their hopes up are getting stabbed in the back AGAIN. And all for the sake of what? Propping Lucas Roberts? The jobless horny dork whose fans have to campaign for him to steal another character's story as a DiMera for him to actually be interesting? Sorry, Sheffer but if this is supposed to make me hate EJ and like Lucas by having EJ act like a desperate jerk it's not working. It just makes me hate THIS SHOW and rethink whether watching it is a good use of my time.

I also don't know who Sami is either. This isn't the misunderstood but totally self-interested calculating bitch I rooted for all these years. It's like she got redeemed and supposedly she's happy now, but she still has as much low self-esteem as always and is just as desperate in her desire for approval of others, it's just she doesn't scheme any more so she's just a pathetic weepy bore.

And Lucas? Am I supposed to care if he almost dies or he can't feel his legs and falls down because they apparently just fell asleep? Because I don't. I don't feel bad for him that another man is trying to steal his wife away. I don't root for him to get the girl because he's a total wimp who needs rescuing every five seconds. He isn't charming or smart or ambitious. Yet we don't get to see his flaws acknowledged either so I can't even root for him a little bit as an underdog. Because he's not an underdog as the story has been rigged for him to get the girl in every way possible.

EJ inviting Sami to stay with him was just stupid and what the hell is up with Kate suggesting she should go with him? What was the point of Kate confessing to Roman she was wrong about Sami and now believes Sami was raped if she is now suggesting Sami stay with EJ? And her feigned concern about her grandchildren is obnoxious too when we know that she almost got them killed with her Nick blackmailing stunt, which by the way she has STILL got no comeuppance for and that Lucas and Sami have apparently completely forgotten about as you'd think they wouldn't want Kate or EJ around them if they still thought they were responsible for that.

And what was up Roman's butt with the "no means no" crap? One day Roman is giving EJ a pep talk as he's the only one who can end the feud, then a couple weeks later he hates EJ for the rape and wants to kill him, then a few days later he is allowing his daughter to be a bargaining chip yet again and allowing EJ to spend alone time with her when he thinks it's necessary to help him catch Andre, now he's back to being suspicious of EJ and hating him? MAKE UP YOUR EFFING MINDS, DOOL WRITERS. I'm sick of being jerked around.

*vent over*

• Members

ICAM with every single word you said - there absolutely no continuity in characters' reactions from day to day. The show that I would rush home to watch because of EJ has become absolutely unrecognizable. The one storyline (EJami) that kept me coming back for more is just a mess - no mean feat considering the damage it had already sustained....unbelievable.

• Members

In regards to Jeremy and Jett, Jett asked him a few weeks ago to help look into things with Jeremy. Max really hasn't given him much help so that is why Jett got all huffy today and revealed himself in hopes that Max would help get what he needed to bust Jeremy. He just warned Max that it's best if he cooperates or he will go down too. I don't see what was so wrong with these scenes?

As for who was flying the plane, there is this little thing called "autopilot.":lol:

The Stephanie thing was lame and a poor attempt at setting up Max and Stephanie. Bumiller did good with it and Hennig did ok with it as well but whoever wrote and directed that scene messed up horribly. Loving Chelsea again though. This "Touch the Sky" story has gotten interesting though.

Steve/Kayla just rock. I am loving this baby story. The writing, the acting, the music, the emotion...it's so Days. The scenes today were so cute.

Glad seeing Kate on so much. BD did a good job today and I thought Lucas was actually pretty good, as was AS. What I didn't like was the way they shot the scenes with the reporters in the room with the weird target on the camera. It looked like the viewer was playing a sniper game at the arcade. Hated that. Loved Roman/EJ and Kate's little warning to EJ.

The best way to explain the change in EJ is to look back at when EJ went good. He went good after Sami married Lucas. It shook him up and it made him realize he had lost his change due to the rape, the biggest mistake of his life. So, he starts trying to make up for it but also learns that there is a good chance the babies are his. It makes him strive to be a better man so he can be a family with them and Sami. He knows carrying on the Vendetta and his current lifestyle will only end up hurting Sami and the babies so he begins to change for them.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago. He learns the children aren't his. It hits him hard, he gets drunk. Then, Stefano and Kate call his manhood into question. It pushed EJ to the limit and he tried to kill Lucas but he couldn't go through with it. His love for Sami kicked in, the love that makes him want to be a better man. He helped her save him and I think today he was merely trying to make himself look good for Sami to put pressure on her to maybe realize she should be with him. I also think he did it as a smokescreen to make sure he doesn't go down for it and that Andre does. I think the writing for this has been pretty solid other then Sami's whining and Lucas's nagging at times.

It wasn't a bad show though. Not the best but not too bad.

• Members

It was a terrible day for Days. The only thing worth watching was Tyler Kiriakis and he fretted all through those scenes, today.

The show was so disjointed and poorly edited, I guess. If you aren't a Payla fan, just skip it. I'm not loving Payla so they just irritate me.

Who are these people anymore? Even the ones we thought we knew just aren't those people anymore. I want them back except for Lucas who is beyond doofus-dom.

BTW, I guess I'm the only one who enjoyed the Fearless Four. They at least were sharing an adventure to rescue a relative. I loved that. It wasn't as unbelievable as many of JER's stories.

• Members

I am an old DOOL fan (for over 20 years) who is trying really hard to come back, but it is not holding my interest at all.

I am so bummed . I wanted to come back and enjoy it, I was always a big fan of Lucas and Sami from when they were kids, So I am not too happy that EJ was broght in there but am glad with the change that Lucas is the twins' father.

Were Stefano and Andre and Tony alway such charicatures? Was this always so cornie? Was I just young the first time and that is why I thought they were so great?

I was glad they brought JE back as Adrienne but where is Wally Kurth then? He should be back.

Steve and Kayla are ok but I am just getting a Mike/Marcie/Tommy/Todd (from oltl) vibe from this story Now I will admit I ff some of it so let me know if I am wrong on that one ;)

I am going to try to watch the week again when I TiVo the marathon Monday morning, but I am just not excited about it at all.

I miss Salem and I want to watch it again but I just can't get into it.

Archived