AMC Tuesday: August 7, 2007

• Members

Well, since I was the first one to criticize that there are "no other stories," even though that's not what I said, but I know a transparent dig when I see one.

So, are these "B and C" stories new stories (which is what I was talking about), runners/filler (which isn't the same as a story) or just more holdovers from this past spring?

Hayes and Bugler wrote today, huh? Oh, brother. :rolleyes: The stench of an upcoming ALB episode is in the air like week old cat piss. <_<

(ETA: remove second "g" in Bugler! LMAO!)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Alicia and Susan have been fantastic these past few episodes. I really like this SL, but I hope it starts to move along soon since I'm getting kinda tired of the hospital.

I can't stand Jonathan. Why couldn't he have gone in there to save Ava? Then Lenny could shoot him!!

I loved the Tad and Krystal and the family moments today, it was very enjoyable. I'm glad Greenlee was MIA today, I love her, but I am so sick and tired of her hobbling around PV whining to everyone who doesn't care about her about the "mistake" she made.

• Members

You were one of the people who said it, I didn't say "Since R Sinclair says." I'm very direct. If I wanted to dig I would have done it.

There are a few people who have criticized the heavy Zach/Kendall/Ryan/Greenlee for the past couple of weeks, so it was nice to point out that there are in fact other stories going on within the show.

There will be stories that the writers get into that are their own, but damn, it's not like they can just suddenly end all of the stories that have been going on for months. Then they would be accused of dropping stories.

• Members

Hmmm, does Annie have a secret? She kind of brushed it aside when Ryan asked who the deaf person that she knew was. She said it wasnt anyone important and that he knew all he needed to know about her. I was thinking that maybe she has something in common with Greenlee and may have done something which caused someone else to go deaf and she's ashamed so thats why she doesnt want to talk. Anyone else get this idea?

• Members

Bear with me, I'm in a bad mood....

Could Jonathan and JR just kill each other? I'm so tired of their balls-to-the-wall, bully attitude. JR going in after Ava didn't make me think of him as a hero, it only made me think he was stupid. And Jonathan - there are no words to describe how annoying he is when he's pissed...

Why do we care about this Lenny? And how did this little drug dealing kid turn into this huge bad guy who can just demand airplanes from the police department as if he's done it before...?

Loved Erica today - was she talking to Mona or someone else? I figured it was Mona, but they never confirmed, and what she said made me question if it was even Mona in the first place.....

It was a little refreshing to see Krystal/Stuart/Sean/Colby/Tad/Babe....but that house looks shitastic and cluttered, much like Zendall's new house. Maybe I'll have a different opinion when it's finished. Alexa Havins did look gorgeous today with her hair up - and Bobbie Eakes has the HOTTEST knockers, I swear!

I'm interested in this Annie-deaf-background storyline....its about time!

• Members

Beautiful. :mellow:

What I'm saying is that out of all the times not to drop stories, it sucks that the Hova/Jonathan "romance" and the New Divorce, and all the other clunkers, are still going on. Believe me, if B&E dropped the crappy storylines McTavish and then the interim writing team had in place, I wouldn't be complaining. January to June has been nothing but gutter tripe.

• Members

Yup. Typical of this writing team. They find one thing that kinda works and latch on for dear life (Annie on GL though that was good). I don't even think the writing is the biggest problem anymore. The problem is that the last regime saw the loss of many characters we like (Brooke, David, Liza, Bianca, Simone, Dixie: list goes on and on) so essentially we're left with all of these characters we don't really care about, three stories total, only one of which is th least bt compelling and not much else. Sorry guys, IMHO it just doesn't feel like AMC anymore.

• Members

I too, enjoyed the Tad/Krystal/Babe/Colby/Stewart stuff. It was a nice contrast to the misfortune unfolding at the hospital (God bless the Kane/Slater/Lavery clan). And I thought I was the only one who notcied how awesome BE's chest was. That top she wore was very flattering.

I was just glad to hear some positive thinking from Kendall; she was killing me with all the negative talk about having to bury their child! OMG! Dwelling on the negative won't help the situation.

• Members

Major League Ryan

Poor poor pitiful Ryan! So we get to the show today and he professes to Annie Fanny that his precious baby boy is now not going to be able to hear him chear for Spike while he is batting a thousand at a baseball game. Well funny because Ryan just recently spoke about being a coach for Spike's team but now he wants to be a parent and just cheer for him? I guess the Dynamite Kiddo spirit just took its toll on the Godzilla monster and he won't be in control of everything like he usually thinks he is. So what made Ryan decide to just be a cheerer rather than in charge of the team? What happened exactly? Did Liz Taylor propose marriage to him and now she is wearing pants in the family and adding another name to her long laundry list of names? Did Freddy Krueger haunt Ryan during his dreams where he dreams of pulling the Titanic back up to sea, repairing it, and watching it complete its voyage? Oh but I just bet that Ryan realized that without an MBA he could no longer be in charge of many corporations. So that means he will be forced to work at the Burger Barn making even less money than Laura Bush could as the town strumpet as he flips Dynamite Kiddo burgers for a nickel a pop as he turns tricks on the dock because let's face it he has all talents in the world he can easily be a gigolo. Woe is me Ryan now has to deal with Spike not being able to hear his ape like cheers at a game. Like Spike will care. Let's just have someone plug beloved daddy and send him to be eaten apart

• Members

At this point I just want both character's gone. JR and Jonathan are exhausting characters. I don't know what this current writing staff is trying to do to JR. Maybe they hope to heroize him and give him a metal for "saving Ava" but the only thing I thought was that this stupid boy is again endangering his life and potentially the life of Ava. He's an idiot. Did he not just put himself in a vulnerable position last month? and did the action not lead to the Chandler's being in the poor house?

Jonathan as a character has been ruined. At first I thought he was a brilliant villian but ever since that tumor story he has steadily been destroyed. All of the richness that made him a quality villian has been gutted out for his "redemption" and since then his storylines have been meaningless and without color. His romance with Lily and Ava have been dull and forced.

At this point I am just ready for the both of them to leave PV for good.

I am really worried about AMC. The writing at it's best is mediocore, hit/miss and one centric. The loss of talent they are about to experience is going to hurt them and try as they might they can't shove Kendell, Greenlee and Ava down are throats all day long with this current Cough:BORING Cough: writing.

I am actually interested in Annie...Took long enough. :lol:

Good god how many more hospital scenes are we going to have.

• Members

Yes, Annie has a secret, and it does tie into Spike losing his hearing.

AMCGio83, I absolutely agree with you. I love AMC, but it doesn't feel like the AMC we all know and love. The acting is terrific, don't get me wrong, and Lish deserves every award in the world for her performance, but I'm just not feeling the rest of it.

Archived