OLTL: How is this possible?

• Members

How can OLTL air episode 10,000 on August 17th if episode 9,990 airs Monday 6th?

Did ABC forget the sudden preemption on April 17th (Virginia Tech murders)?

Something isn't right, and I can't find a good source to fix this mis-calculation.... Does anyone know?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Where did you get that figure from?

The episode of OLTL which was originally scheduled to air the day of the memorial service for the victims of the Virginia Tech shootings was shown the following day. No episodes were skipped, according to ABC press releases. ABC issued a press release close to a month ago stating that August 17th would, barring any network pre-emptions between now and then, be airing episode #10,000 on Friday, August 17th.

This means that Monday's episode is #9,991.

Hope this helps. :)

• Members

I don't know about TV.com, but I know IMDb.com and Wikipedia are easily accessible for anyone and everyone to update it with whatever they feel like.

I only know what was released in the ABC press releases, which lists August 17th as the 10,000th episode.

And you're welcome. :)

• Members

IMDb.com gives me a headache. I enter a lot of episodes for all the shows and OLTL has been messed up for awhile its easy for someone to enter wrong information but when you try and fix it they seem to think you are stupid and don't change it. Believe me I try and change the episode number to be correct when I add information in but I don't think they change it.

• Members

True, IMDb is a total mess.

I work for OLTL on TV.com and everything was going OK, episodes were accurate, and months before they said that episode 10,000 would air on Monday August 20th. Now, all of a sudden, the 10,000 episode is airing on August 17th. However, according to out calculations, it's suppose to be 9,999. I'll find a way to resolve this. Thank you all for trying to make something of this.

• Webmaster

If there was a change in the 10,000th episodes airdate, ABC would have issued a press release. The network was quick to change the airdate for Rick Springfield's song debut on "GH," so there is no reason they wouldn't do the same for "OLTL's" 10,000th.

Archived