All: Preemptions today

• Members

Due to coverage of the memorial service at Virginia Tech for the victims of yesterday's mass school shooting, several soaps will not air today.

The coverage begins at 2 pm/1 pm central...causing the following soaps to be pre-empted: OLTL, ATWT and PSSNS.

Not sure about GL and GH, however.

Just thought I would pass that along.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh ITA....and it's tearing me up also.

I started with they played the National Anthem (I've VERY patriotic) and it has continued as I watch the memorial service.

I checked out the OLTL board at abc.com a moment ago, and cannot begin to comprehend how insensitive some people are there about this....whining about why always interrupt OLTL and others sure that it is on somewhere in the country right now. Those people need to grow up and look at the bigger picture.

This memorial service is so sad. And somewhat close to home.....I live only about 6 hours west of that campus. So, so sad.

• Members

I live in NY so I can only imagine what it must be like to live so close by. But I can't help but be shaken when I see the photo of the kind-looking RA who was killed in the dorm going to another victim's rescue (and whom the police presumedly thought was part of the "murder-suicide pact" which stopped them from putting the whole campus on lockdown :angry: ). Or when I hear about the now-deceased engineering professor, a former Holocaust survivor, who barricaded the door of his classroom while helping students to escape.

Wow, people were whining about the preemption? Um, sometimes there *are* more important things than soaps, people! It also makes me wonder if OLTL were planning a "Columbine"-style story arc and whether this will now be scrapped.

I post elsewhere with a Virginia girl -- she said that where she's from, everybody knows somebody who goes to Virginia Tech. Just... awful. Stay strong down where you are, Scotty.

Archived