OLTL Discussion: Week of April 9th

• Members

Seeing Timothy Stickney was probably one of the best things about this week. This show sorely misses his acting abilities and the RJ Gannon character. He is definitely MIA and could be adding so much to the present storylines and with the history of his character. The question is why TPTB don't get this?

As for Jessica and Nash, I'm just not feeling them and I hate what was done to Jamie, was it really necessary? Yes I know it's fiction but to not even stop at that, and now move on to next week with what I saw in the promos? Give me a break, is this supposed to be entertaining?

I could go on and on about this show, but there isn't much I'm liking lately and one of the reasons I watch is now not under contract, and this burns me up.

TK

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jess, I wish I had watched when RJ first came on the show and he and Hank locked horns! I think I missed something pretty special there.

The funny thing is, your description of RJ sounds like the way TIIC over at GH would describe Sonny, LOL. Except that on GH they constantly shove down our throats what a great guy Sonny is when all I see on my screen is a mindless thug. On OLTL, there is no doubt what RJ's background is, and that is never whitewashed to make him seem more heroic than he actually is. Instead we see (or USED to see! :angry: ) RJ treat the people he cares about with depth, kindness and loyalty, as you say, and we can appreciate for ourselves that he is this multifaceted character. Played by a top-notch actor. Friday's episode where he comforted and hugged Jamie -- and shot Antonio an angry look over her little shoulder -- encapsulated the character. He was so sweet with his little granddaughter... he'd made a real concerted effort to agree to the adoption, even though he had doubts about Jessica... and now his doubts have been confirmed. Watch out!

LOL, I'm rambling, but RJ and Timothy Stickney are one of my favorites. I'm SO mad he's not on contract, and that the whole Nora/RJ/Lindsey thing has been dropped.

As for the Jessica/Nash scenes, I was trying to think of what they remind me of... and then it hit me:

109093_026_thu.jpg109093_041_thu.jpg

Remember the covers of those 80s romance novels you used to find at airports? Usually featuring Fabio as the beefcake? LOL, yeah. :lol: Those scenes were still great, though. Soaps don't do those Forbidden Love SLs so much anymore.

Archived