Dante's Cove

JER Soaps Fan

• Members

It's a silly, poorly-acted, supernatural soap opera set by the sea!

Think "Melrose Place" + "Passions" + "Dark Shadows" + "Sunset Beach"

BEAUTIFUL visuals

GORGEOUS cast

Intriguing story: Back in the 1800s a witch is engraged when she learns her fiance is having an affair with a man, so she ages him 50 years and keeps him locked in the basement of a hotel. He's cursed to never be free, young and hot again until he is kissed by a worthy young man.

In contemporary times, a bunch of horny straight, gay and bi 20-somethings live in the Hotel Dante, which is the same hotel that the man, Ambrosius is a prisoner.

I watched the first episode (which was more than an hour, so it was like a movie and I have no idea why they call it a season when it's just two episodes) of season 1.

VERY entertaining.

And okay, a little titillating. (The show's tagline is "Possessed and Undressed," so you do the math!)

I can't wait to watch episode two!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, both seasons 1 and 2 are available on DVD and season 3 should be starting before too long. It's a Canadian production, airing on Here! (I think). I believe Tracy Scoggins (ex-Monica, Dynasty/The Colbys) is in season 2. It's been described as Dark Shadows meets Queer as Folk because of the tons of male nudity and the sex scenes as well as the supernatural aspects.

• Members

It is totally great. I love it. I have seen every episode. The nudity and all in Season 1 was better than Season 2. The actors who made it big or got popular from Season 1 didn't want to do as much nudity the 2nd season.

The 2nd Season was still a lot better than the 1st season - story wise.

There is still nudity and sex in the 2nd as there are some extras who take the sex scenes ever farther than they did on QAF.

But the story is what really makes it.

• Members

My only complaint with episode one was that Kevin and Toby kiss WAY too much. I don't mind the sex, it's just the digusting kissing that goes on. I think it's unrealistic in that respect. But that's just me, because I think two men kissing is probably one of the most digusting things I've seen, but having sex with each other is different because that's hot and manly. I just get a "sissy" vibe whenever I see Kevin and Toby kissing. It's like, "Please, get a room -- and stop doing that, but GET A ROOM and get down to BUSINESS, boys!"

• Members

And I don't know their names but the two lesbians that made out on the beach -- the Hotel Dante guest and that DJ at the party -- were FREAKIN' HOT.

I really like the Hotel Dante guests' eyes. There's something so pure about them -- and the fact that she's a lesbian or at least likes girls and the juxtoposition of innocence and purity vs. her easiness with women makes her THAT much HOTTER!!! :wub:

Archived