DAYS: November Sweeps spoilers

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I LOVE HOGAN!!!!!!

All of these spoilers sound FANTASTIC! J&M going to Canada and Italy.... Steve faking his memory for Kayla..... Benjy returning....

I love the Philip getting burned part, especially because it will explain why he is not in the form of Kyle Brandt anymore.

I just hope they get JKJ for the role, he was great from 2000 (well late 1999 but anyway)-2002.

Days has returned!!!!!!

I wonder who gets married in Feburary..... did John and Marlena ever wed after the whole Alex North thing was over? I know they have not had a big wedding, but they might have gotten married while they were off during the summer, but I watched the day they returned and several days after that and I don't remember anything about it.... if they didn't I think they are the ones who will get married.

• Members

All the J/M adventures sound great. I love the HS John. JER just about ruined him for me.

Can't wait to see Benji and EJ together. That should be very interesting.

The wedding could be J/M, S/K or S/L. The best bet would be Steve and Kayla, but John and Doc need to be remarried. I think Lucas/Sami may take a bit longer to get there.

HS sure knows how to give spoilers that make the viewer want to tune in rather than giving everything away so that there is no surprise at all.

• Members

I hate to sound like a party pooper, but I think DAYS is giving out way too many spoilers

and it's hurting their ratings.

If people know TOO MUCH, then they feel like they don't have to watch the show.

DAYS was hitting solid #3 most of the summer, then they start bombarding the media with

spoilers.

I happen to know TPTB read this board so somebody tell Ken/Hogan/Wyman to cut the spoilers to

about a 3rd so that the fans have to actually watch the show.

Scenes are ANTI-climatic because we know what's going to happen already.

THIS IS HURTING THE RATINGS, MAN!

• Members

Yeah they do need to cut the spoilers a bit but I see why they are doing it. So many were down on the show they want to tell the fans to come back and watch. That has to be there motivation and I was sure they would've stopped by now with giving so many out. However, these spoilers have always been given out and Days has had higher numbers at times so I don't think it is a huge issue. Most people watch because they know something is going to happen and want to see it play out so I don't see it hurting the ratings that much. Now could it be ruining enjoyment of the show? Yes but it isn't for me. I think for alot of people it might be but there is still things happening on the show that surprise me and spoilers have never bothered me. Let's also remember to that alot of people don't read spoilers online or get the mags so it's not that big of an issue.

They need to cut it down a bit with the detail I guess is what I am saying. Give out enough to make people watch and to show them the show is good but not enough where they can pick and choose when to watch or that it takes away alot of the enjoyment of the show.

• Members

i think when the show is bad, you statement is true.....ex-fans/fans read the spoilers and skip the show because...A- its not good, and B- they already know whats going to happen....

But when its good, spoilers serve to get fans excited about whats coming up...

And the extensive spoilers really have been a showcase for Hogan, to show whats coming up...I'm sure they will cut down the spoilers a bit soon..

• Members

This issue has nothing to do with people "forced" to read spoilers.

I LOVE READING SPOILERS.

I'm just aware that NBC is concerned about the "drop off" in their ratings since

summer ended and I think flooding TOO MANY spoilers gives the fans too much

information.

CASE IN POINT--my Aunt Millie reads the spoilers and then doesn't watch the show,

and I ask her why, she says she already read what's going to happen and she reads

the daily recaps online.

Make people have to watch the product!

If you tell us everything--then lots of people won't tune in.

Especially women viewers like my Aunt

who have lots of kids and stuff to do.

She reads spoilers and watches about twice a month.

• Members

The ratings are DOWN every since they started flooding the press with SPOILERS 3 1/2 weeks ago.

It's good to have A FEW SPOILERS--that's fine.

But 30 a week????? :unsure:

I only see 3 or 4 spoilers for Bold and the Beautiful.

I see about 5 spoilers for As the World Turns.

A lot of their spoilers are GOSSIP.

But DAYS is actually releasing their own spoilers.

I called my Aunt to talk about the show. She says she stopped watching because

she knows what's going to happen thanks to the spoilers.

She says she can get her laundry done. :lol:

• Members

Yeah but they aren't telling you everything Erica. There are just as many people that don't read or have access to spoilers. Days was releasing just as many spoilers in the summer and before that as well and the ratings were higher. The only difference right now is Hogan is giving alot of in-depth interviews and that is merely trying to tell fans to come back and to make them come back. Like Kev said, that won't always happen. The detail of the spoilers in the interviews and so on need to be cut down but not the spoilers. The main reason for the ratings drop is because Days always does better historically in ratings in the summer and it does historically bad in the fall (Sept-Oct is usually the worst). Plus, you have to restore the faith viewers lost in the show and that takes time. The spoilers and interviews are needed in some ways to do that to get them to come back. How are they going to know to come back if they don't know if they are getting what they want? The spoilers will be cut down eventually but they are not the problem right now.

• Members

Oh same here. It bothers me too because I thought the show would at least be holding a 2.6-2.7 right now. I just think it is going to take time to catch on because the fans need to know the show is good and the spoilers do play into that a bit. They just can't be as detailed. I think day to day spoilers hurt alot because they tell you who is on and so on and that makes people choose to watch since they like certain characters and so on. Days will cut back-Hogan just wanted to spread the word. Now these particular spoilers won't be because they have been posted for years but the interviews with Hogan and so on won't be as specific. His November previews gave some stuff but didn't give away everything so the details are already being cut back a bit compared to his fall previews.

I made a post in the ratings thread awhile ago about how I hated the EE and the day to day spoilers because many only watch for certain people and those options allow people to pick and choose. I think that is the only kind of spoilers that hurt all soaps but other then that I think they are fine.

Exactly but many don't grasp that. That is why I hate the EE and day to day stuff because many take a look at that and don't watch if they don't like what they read or if their favorite couple or characters aren't on.

Archived