DMX: "I was raped"

Cheap21

• Members

http://www.aolmusicnewsblog.com/2006/09/18...s-he-was-raped/

Now that Whitney Houston has divorced Bobby Brown, there's an opening for another ride-or-die chick. In the October issue of Sister 2 Sister magazine, Tashera Simmons -- wife to rapper DMX -- stands by her man as he talks openly about recently fathering a child with a Washington, D.C., woman.

"She raped me," the rapper told S2S editor Jamie Foster Brown. "I mean, you know, that might sound like some bullsh*t. No man has ever been... you know what I mean, like never? Is that the only thing in the world that's not possible?"

Mrs. Simmons recalled an earlier encounter with the woman. "Before the stuff hit the fan, she came up to us while we were in court and said 'I work for kids that are sickly,' said Tashera. "So he said 'Give her my number.' That's how it goes all the time. At first, I said OK. But, then I thought she looked deranged and obsessed with him."

While his wife "blocks out" the experience to cope, X gained a more valuable lesson: "Turn on the light before I go to sleep," he said

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't see anything funny about it. Men can say no, too, and it takes a hell of a lot to admit that since the concept of a woman raping a man is almost unheard of, and to admit it would be the equivalent of being a laughing stock.

• Members

DMX is someone who's not all there mentally, so I think it's a great disservice to just dismiss him like that. Even then, we don't know what the deal is as to whether or not he just said that to look good in his wife's eyes, so to just dismiss the possibility of male rape is wrong.

• Members

So you don't think that men can be raped by someone? I truly believe it... there are some women that are agressive and take advantage of men, just like men do to women....I don't see what's so hilarious about this...sorry, but I don't...As a victim of assault, I don't take things like this lightly...nor do I automatically assume that someone is lying.

• Members

I don't see why something like this has to be debated.....if he said he was raped, then maybe, just maybe he is telling the truth. It irritates me that someone thinks this is funny or basically laughing because of what he said. One of my best friends who is a man, was raped by a female....Regardless of one's like/dislike of DMX or the fact that one may think he's a "scumbag," to me, it's nothing to make fun of. I'm sorry, but some of the comments I read just rub me the wrong way.

Archived