Standoff: Discussion Thread

Toups

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Tonight was the first time I've seen this show. It's too soon to say if it will keep me interested for long, but may because I love applied intelligence and this show had a lot of that. It was interesting to me in the subplot of the relationship of the young man and his mother. Do you admire her for being honest and forthright or think she had to be completely cold and distant. It was shocking to me for her to reveal to her disturbed son who might blow up people because he hated her but needed her attention to say to him that she never wanted to have children. Other thoughts?

• Members

The crisis hostage team averted disaster at the airport when an air traffic controller lot it. There was a fatal crash the day before and he was the controller under suspicion for making the wrong calls. Turns out he didn't, but he went berserk in the control tower when he was told he was relieved of his position pending investigation. When a guard pulled his gun on him, he struggled with the guard, got the gun and the guard was accidently shot. The action was tense and there were subplots woven throughout. I enjoyed it, although not as much as last week.

• 8 months later...

Archived