Possible (probable?) terror attack in London

I Am A Swede

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

London has always been one of my favorite cities, I've spent a lot of time there in the past.

Reading these reports online in social media- it's just very disheartening that this is the way our world is now.

It feels like a cycle where these violent events occur steeped and vitriol and then there is a divide in responses where you have people who are mostly responding with compassion in defiance of hate, then there is a response usually from politicians seeking to make gains that is vitriolic, in kind. 

It feels like not just trying to terrorize but to goad those in power to get into unending war, with ordinary people who have the most to lose, stuck in the middle.

Quite dispiriting.

• Members

It is. And I feel like we're heading toward this being the new normal, as it is in the US. That becomes very dangerous because it means people stop caring. 

I know security is doing their best but didn't this exact same thing happen there less than a year ago?

• Members

Thanks. I didn't realize it was just a few months ago. I thought it was last year. I guess I was thinking of Munich. 

I'm just so unsure as to what people can even do now about this...it makes you feel inadequate of even speaking about these things as they just spiral further out of control yet at the same time become sickeningly normal.

Archived