DAYS: Episode Rankings as of 7/31/07

JAS0N47

• Members

2007 Episode Rankings.Here's how many episodes each actor has appeared in this year (1/1/07-7/31/07), out of a total of 150 episodes. Ties are noted with an asterisk.

http://members.aol.com/jason47b

Rank. Actor (Character) # of Episodes

1. Alison Sweeney (Sami Brady Roberts-106/Colleen Brady-6) 107

2. James Scott (E.J. Wells-97/Santo DiMera-5) 100

3. Bryan Dattilo (Lucas Roberts) 93

4. Brandon Beemer (Shawn Brady) 90

5. Martha Madison (Belle Black) 87

*. Rachel Melvin (Chelsea Benson) 87

7. Blake Berris (Nick Fallon) 84

8. Peter Reckell (Bo Brady) 80

9. Stephen Nichols (Steve Johnson) 73

10. Mary Beth Evans (Kayla Brady Johnson) 64

11. Jay Johnson (Philip Kiriakis) 63

12. Josh Taylor (Roman Brady) 55

13. Kristian Alfonso (Hope Brady) 54

14. Ava & Olivia White (Claire Kiriakis) 49

15. Darin Brooks (Max Brady) 48

16. Annie Burgstede (Willow Stark) 46

*. Deidre Hall (Marlena Evans Black) 46

*. Lauren Koslow (Kate Roberts) 46

19. Julie Pinson (Billie Reed) 43

20. Joy Bisco (Gabby) 33

*. Shelley Hennig (Stephanie Johnson) 33

*. Drake Hogestyn (John Black) 33

23. Tanya Boyd (Celeste Perrault) 31

24. Ashley Benson (Abigail Deveraux) 28

25. Thaao Penghlis (Andre DiMera-23/Tony DiMera-5) 26

*. Suzanne Rogers (Maggie Horton) 26

27. Trevor Donovan (Jeremy Horton) 22

28. Marcus Patrick (Jett Carver) 21

29. Farah Fath (Mimi Lockhart) 18

30. Steve Blackwood (Bart Biederbicke) 16

*. Joseph Mascolo (Stefano DiMera) 16

32. Franc Ross (Duck) 15

33. Christopher Gerse (Will Roberts) 14

*. Frank Parker (Grandpa Shawn Brady) 14

35. Peggy McCay (Caroline Brady) 13

36. Bill Hayes (Doug Williams) 11

*. Susan Seaforth Hayes (Julie Williams) 11

*. Leann Hunley (Anna DiMera) 11

*. Renee Jones (Lexie Carver) 11

*. Nathan Towry (Dr. Alan Rebert) 11

*. Will Utay (Dr. Wilhelm Rolf) 11

42. Judi Evans (Adrienne Kiriakis) 10

*. Vernee Watson-Johnson (Dr. Ella Kraft) 10

44. Dakoda & Danica Hobbs (Ciara Brady) 9

*. James Reynolds (Abe Carver) 9

*. Michael Spound (Dr. Tucker) 9

47. Judi Evans (Bonnie Lockhart) 8

48. John Aniston (Victor Kiriakis) 7

*. Frank Mentier (Jed Stark) 7

50. Amy Chaffee (Dr. Amy Jacobs) 6

*. Eileen Galindo (Beverly Healy) 6

*. S. A. Griffin (Foley) 6

53. Denise Boutte (Danielle Calder) 5

*. Maxwell T. Gail Jr. (Merle) 5

*. Shayna Rose (Stephanie Johnson) 5

56. Kavi Faquir (Theo Carver) 4

*. Noah Segan (Connor Lockhart) 4

58. Matthew Ashford (Jack Deveraux) 3

*. Emily Montague (Abigail Deveraux) 3

*. Rhasaan Orange (Tek Kramer) 3

61. Jim Lunsford (Benjy Hawk) 2

62. William Bumiller (David Lockhart) 1

*. Mitchell Edmonds (Mr. Mitchell Lewis) 1

*. Brody Hutzler (Patrick Lockhart) 1

*. Frances Reid (Alice Horton) 1

*. Lisa Williams (Lisa) 1

July Episode Rankings. Here's how many episodes each actor has appeared in this month (7/1/07-7/31/07), out of a total of 20 episodes. Ties are noted with an asterisk.

http://members.aol.com/jason47b

Rank. Actor (Character) # of Episodes

1. Peter Reckell (Bo Brady) 17

2. Alison Sweeney (Sami Brady Roberts-15/Colleen Brady-6) 16

3. Rachel Melvin (Chelsea Benson) 15

*. James Scott (E.J. Wells-12/Santo DiMera-5) 15

5. Josh Taylor (Roman Brady) 14

6. Bryan Dattilo (Lucas Roberts) 13

*. Trevor Donovan (Jeremy Horton) 13

*. Shelley Hennig (Stephanie Johnson) 13

*. Marcus Patrick (Jett Carver) 13

10. Kristian Alfonso (Hope Brady) 11

*. Blake Berris (Nick Fallon) 11

*. Thaao Penghlis (Andre DiMera-8/Tony DiMera-5) 11

13. Darin Brooks (Max Brady) 10

*. Deidre Hall (Marlena Evans Black) 10

15. Drake Hogestyn (John Black) 9

16. Leann Hunley (Anna DiMera) 7

17. Brandon Beemer (Shawn Brady) 6

*. Steve Blackwood (Bart Biederbicke) 6

*. Martha Madison (Belle Black) 6

*. Joseph Mascolo (Stefano DiMera) 6

*. Stephen Nichols (Steve Johnson) 6

*. Frank Parker (Grandpa Shawn Brady) 6

23. Denise Boutte (Danielle Calder) 5

*. Mary Beth Evans (Kayla Brady Johnson) 5

*. Jay Johnson (Philip Kiriakis) 5

*. Will Utay (Dr. Wilhelm Rolf) 5

27. Peggy McCay (Caroline Brady) 4

28. Bill Hayes (Doug Williams) 3

*. Susan Seaforth Hayes (Julie Williams) 3

*. Renee Jones (Lexie Carver) 3

*. Ava & Olivia White (Claire Kiriakis) 3

32. Judi Evans (Adrienne Kiriakis) 2

*. Dakoda & Danica Hobbs (Ciara Brady) 2

*. Suzanne Rogers (Maggie Horton) 2

35. Lauren Koslow (Kate Roberts) 1

*. Julie Pinson (Billie Reed) 1

*. Frances Reid (Alice Horton) 1

Contract actors not appearing this month:

James Reynolds (Abe Carver)

Credited guest stars appearing in less than 5 episodes:

Morgan E. Brown (Liam)

Bairbre Dowling (Sister Rose)

Doyle Hanks (Father Mallory)

Pamela Hill (Blackjack Dealer Bobbie)

Con Horgan (Paggy)

Tanner Maguire (Young Shawn Brady)

Andy Mackenzie (Kai Rawlings)

Richard Marquez (Cop)

Sanya Mateyas (Ilsa)

Davide Schiavone (Young Stefano DiMera)

Jerry Springer (Wild Pete)

Gillian Iliana Waters (China Lee)

Brian Williams (Drunk Man)

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Best Actress on the show is number 1, thats great, Alison Sweeney is both best between the females and the males. Happy that John is so low on the list.............Kayla should also be on more, but Alison is the best, but i think she needs to start being more bitchy again. Thanks...............??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members

I agree with Andrew that bitchy Sami needs to come back, ASAP. It does't feel like Sami is the most played character, because I don't even see the weepy, slurpy Mrs. Roberts as Sami. Where, oh where, did the real Sami go? <_<

James Scott is great addition, but he was overexposed in the winter/early spring IMO. Also, playing Elvis as an omnipotent psychopath, who made Stefano look like the sane and friendly grandfatherly type. was overdoing it, too.

#3-7 needs to change places with #8-11 and #13. But overall the rankings for 2007 aren't extremely obscenely out of whack.

As for July's rankings? Too much Jett, Jeremy and Stephanie, but it is awesome to have Thaao and Leann back in the Top 20.

Thank you for the rankings, Jason47.

• Members

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!! I was afraid that I was the only one who hated Hogan's Sami. I miss the Sami who took NO crap....who didn't let anyone mess with her. With JER, I looked forward to who's face she was going to get into next. Now, I FF her. Such a shame, because I do love Ali. :(

Thank, Jason!! :)

• Members

What they are doing to Sami is needed but they do need to bring back her spunky, fighting side. She shouldn't be a bitch though. That card has been played too much already. I think the problems the show had in mid-winter really hurt Sami's character and just now is she getting back on track.

The balance is improving immensely. I think we will see the Vegas crew drop off in September. They weren't featured as much in June but I figured they would be big in July and August. It's still not horrible balance, especially compared to the rest of daytime.

• Members

I keep reading how people say JER's Sami took no crap and didn't let anyone mess with her. JER's Sami got herself into crap she couldn't dig herself out of. It's not like she was this independent, she-devil who never let anyone get the best of her. Sami was immature and acted childish. She got into the face of others, but she never won in the long run. Kate, or Carrie or whoever else she was feuding with would always win out in the end. People would hate Sami for the mess she got herself into, she swore she would change, and within a few months she was back to doing the same thing. It was a sick pattern Hogan has matured Sami in a way that not many other writers have ever done. She's putting the needs of others ahead of her own.

Do I think she needs more of her spunk back? Yes, I do, but you can't keep writing a character the same way for years and years. The rape changed Sami. She allowed herself to be controlled by EJ through the traumatic experience she went through. Sami has matured in ways that have greatly improved her relationship with her family, without losing who she is.

I like Hogan's Sami.

The balance is very good as of late. I'm glad to see vets other than Alison Sweeney and Bryan Dattilo in the top. People who have been with the show for over 20 years. Good to see them appreciated with some story.

• Members

Excellent post, Ryan.

When JER returned in 2003, he regressed Sami big time. Yes, she was still somewhat of a bitch but he brought back her immature qualities and took her all the way back to 1995-1998 Sami and that is not needed. It's time for her to grow up and she has. Yes, she needs to get her spunk back but in no way will going back to JER's Sami help the show or the character.

• Members

But in the end, Sami was the character that the majority of the audience was cheering for, which is why Carrie is in Switzerland and Kate is on the back burner.

And to whether Sami ever won or not? Well, she shot the balls off her first rapist, she gave Victor a stroke and even as high school dropout teenager she held her own against a woman who spent millions and committed a wide assortment of felonies designed to take her down. The only thing that Kate was regularly successful at was sabotaging Sami's weddings, and I was always on Kate's side there. I surely have never wanted Sami to be leg shackled to one of the Roberts/Reed rejects.

And Hogan and Ken wish there were more viewers just like you. :)

When Hogan's first spoilers were posted here last September, I said that he was going to blow it big time by making Sami and Lucas into some sort of Nick and Nora. Hogan walked into ratings of 2.7, and now he is only getting a 2.1. (Yes, I am obnoxious enough to say I told you so. B) ) Sami was one of daytime's best bitches (Alison hasn't been on the cover of either SOD or SOW 7 of the past 9 weeks because she doesn't sell issues), but Sami the doormat isn't playing well in Peoria. Great leaders are determined by how well they recover from their mistakes. The Nielsens have made abundantly clear that the 2006 model of Sami was much more popular than the 2007 edition. Hogan can now regroup or watch the ship go down.

• Members

There was a time toward the ends of Reilly's run that Sami was unwatchable. Crying, carrying on that I would mute it whenever she came on though I wish Sami was a little bit more bitchy.

SOD and SOW need to spread the covers out between shows anyways and her not being on the cover has more to do with the show ratings being in the can then Sami.

• Members

Fantastic post, Ryan! :)

And perhaps if Hogan had followed through on his Nick/Nora promise, the ratings would tell a different story. Instead, he dished up 4 months of Sami being tormented by a sociopathic rapist while her husband to be was kept in the dark. If Sami became a "doormat" (and I think that's an exaggeration), it sure as hell is no reflection on Lumi. It's telling that the revelation of Lucas as the father has co-incided with the return of Sami's spunk and a desire to kill Dimeras (as opposed to sign peace treaties with them). She's been liberated from the rape babies. :D

• Members

Actually Ali was on the cover several times this summer. She had the wedding cover of SOD with her and Lucas in May. In June, she had a SOW cover concerning the twist that she was having twins. Then, Sami was on a cover with Stefano (Joe Mascolo) the week after. She then was on a SOD cover as a split cover the week after and was on the cover of SOD last week with the reveal of who the father of her babies was. SOD has been sending suscribers different covers then what is on newsstands so there has been some mix ups with that. Nevertheless, pretty much all the Days covers I have seen end up on newstands so Ali has been featured alot recently on covers, along with the fact that she was getting alot of covers earlier this year too.

I don't think it makes a difference if Sami is a bitch or not. SOD will still put her on the cover if something big happens, just like they do anything Days. Changes in a character do not affect magazine covers and most fans aren't sick of Sami nor do they dislike what she has become. They are sick of the Lucas/Sami/EJ paternity/rape story and want to move on. Some also want a break from these characters. It has nothing to do with the changes made to Sami based on general reactions I have seen.

• Members

The 2007 ranking are still the same since the spring. I thin Peter Reckell has finally replaced Annie Burgstede in the top 10. That's a good sign I guess. The vets are slowly inching their way back to the top.

As for the month of July, the rankings are awesome. When's the last time we saw Josh Taylor in the top 10? Kristian, Peter and Thaao are great to see in there as well, especially with Peter in the lead, surprisingly ranking about Alison Sweeney. I could do without the younger actors, but this is summer so no surprises there.

As for Sami, I have been a Sami fan since I started watching the show in '96. Sami was never really a vixen or much of a bitch either. She's more of a schemer. Her scheming ways, and never getting caught is what made people love to hate her. In the 90s, JER wrote the perfect Sami IMO. He was the one that wrote her in her teen years and through young adulthood. When JER left, the next few writers did a successful job maturing Sami, yet keeping her scheming ways apparent. She wasn't doing the stupid immature and selfish JER schemes. Instead, she was scheming to keep custody of her son because she felt he was safest with her. Up until JER returned in 2003, Sami was written awesomely. She was the show's schemer, but she was a mature schemer.

Then, JER returned and Sami instantly resorted back to when she was 15 and wanted her parents together. We had to suffer through this deja vu for 3 years. Hogan came on and I knew the first couple of months that Hogan wrote Sami that we were about to see a huge character shift and I knew that I wasn't going to be a fan of it. Has Hogan matured Sami a great deal? Hell yes! That's obvious. But I agree with those that say that he has taken her spunk from her. He's turned Sami into a helpless victim. Things look to be interesting with Sami pulling the gun on Stefano and vowing to protect her family. I'm seeing the old Sami coming back slowly. Hopefully, that continues.

• Members

Lumi has taken the centerstage for 10 months, and Sami had no scenes with EJ from the middle of June until the middle of July. Lumi fans got a week long wedding, two babies, and Lucas's rival for Sami's affections written as a rapist. (If Hogan had had experience working the strip, he couldn't have pimped any harder.) The ratings make clear that Lucas isn't leading man material, and to keeping pretending that he is, will be the death of the show. And it won't just be BD that loses his job, it will be AS, FR, SR, DH, PR, KA, SN, MBE, MM, JKJ, and many other members of the cast and crew as well. Will the Lumi fans be happy then, just as long as Sami is with Lucas when the show goes off the air? ;)

Phoenix, AS has been on 7 of the last 9 SOD/SOW covers this summer(only one included BD), which shows the popularity Sami still has. The lack of viewers illustrates the lack of popularity Lumi has. Last summer, Days was hitting a 2.7, so over 25% of Days viewers have tuned out since then. The only description for Lumi that fits is "anti-supercouple". :rolleyes:

Drew, I agree that Reilly's last take on Sami was often a miss, but Sami as the weepy, slurpy Mrs. Roberts is a much bigger bust. Milstein needs to come back to Days as coheadwriter. Last summer was awesome, and Hogan apparently needs some help.

• Members

ITA. Between lucas/sami and the vegas stuff; Days is plain hit and miss. The DiMeras are brilliant (all of them - and interesting to note that EJ got less airtime that Jeremy etc in July); the vets being on more helps but throwing the fluff stuff in doesn't work for me.

Archived