ECW to be "just another WWE show"

Dr. Jay S.W.

• Members

Vince Apparently thinks all the diehard, "hardcore ECW fans have died off. So it looks like ECW will just be another wWE branded show. He and Kevin are running things and Paul Heyman is losing more and more power every day. When i went to WWE.com, they had Extremist under Superstars on WWEs page.. It use to be exclusively on ECWs page which is nothing more than a WWE.com/shows/Ecw which is pretty booty. Vince is a [!@#$%^&*] Idiot :angry:

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am soooo pissed about this!! I was excited to see ECW back, and then to read that it will be like WWE... ugh... Vince has messed up yet another wrestling company. He hasn't even given it a good chance. It was pretty good the first week, and has went downhill since.

Isn't this how WCW started? At first it was going to be a seperate company, and then WWE slowly absorbed it... Monopoly is not good for them, the product has went down considerably since ECW and WCW has left the scene. I hope TNA starts to improve more and more each week to give WWE a run for their money.

• Members

This much was painfully obvious from the first episode. I can't even bear to watch this bootleg version of ECW and watered down WWE clone.

The show is sooooooooooooo is so predictable and lame. Some rank idiot will talk a whole bunch of crap. Then it's Sandman to the rescue.

That pole dancer Kelly will do her thing and some guy rescues her.

The entire hour is wasted when in the old ECW, poor production value and all, it would be more fast paced.

Tazz still acts like a pod. So....I'd vote to cancel. Let me have my memories.

• Members

WWE started sucking when they bought out WCW. After that, there was no competition, no need to try. I hated that they brought almost all of the WCW stars onto the show, and now they have rosters on the shows. I stopped watching soon after that. I started watching again last year, but it wasn't the same.

My favorite WWE years were in the mid-to late-90s when WCW was kicking its ass in the ratings. Everytime they came to my area, I went to the shows b/c they were so cheap. I actually went to Wrestlemania XIV in Boston, and that's when things started changing for the show. It was Shawn Michaels vs. Stone Cold, and it was almost like the end of an era when HBK lost, and the beginning of something new w/ SC. And then when they did the whole Stone Cold vs. Vince storyline, and started winning back its fans, that was great.

I used to love ECW. It came on Friday nights here, and my sister and I loved it. I was excited when I heard that it was coming back, but I knew it wouldn't be the same since WWE bought it out.

• Members

I am angry about this. Though the first show sucked balls, the second show rocked and it was getting better. I will still watch with the hopes that it improves but w/o Heyman and Dreamer in full control, it's NOT ECW.

Johnny Ace and Stephanie don't want Heyman on the writing team for RAW or SD (though when Heyman wrote Smackdown from August 2002-2004 the show was great), so one would just hope that they'd let him write for ECW. But unfortuneately, they know that Heyman is a creative genious and don't want to be outshined by him.

This [!@#$%^&*] Kelly Kelly stuff annoys me. She's hot, but she can't dance. If you want to do a stripper/dancer gimmick right, look back to WCW when Stacy Keibler was doing her Ms. Hancock gimmick. That is how you do it!!!

There have beeb more WWE talent appearing on ECW than the actual ECW stars!! The one person that I have hope for is CM Punk. He is awesome on the indy circuit and if left to his own devices, will be the next big thing in the WECW.

Archived