Well, I'm Screwed

Matt

• Members

I just finished filing my taxes for this year and I'm royally fucked. I figured I'd have to pay since I'd already determined that I'd have to pay in on federal this year, but after working up my state taxes, I'm majorly screwed. I have to pay in $130 in federal taxes (not bad) and $1160 in state taxes! To say that I'm less than amused at this moment would be an understatement. There's no way I can pay that. :angry:

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm really bad at filing taxes, so my mom does them all for me. :)

But that really sucks. The gov't screws everyone over in the end. Even my friend from India had to file taxes (for her work study), and had so many problems with it because she didn't have a SSN. The gov't does anything to rip people off.

• Members

I know the reason it's so high -- I wait tables in a fine dining restaurant and made a boatload of money last year. However, servers only get paid an hourly 2.13 which is entirely used up to pay taxes during the year. The taxes required for the money I earned tipwise on paper (thank god I don't have to worry about what's *not* on paper) far exceeded the 2.13 wage resulting in an end-of-year tax deficit which I now have to pay. Federal taxes come out first followed by state and I only paid in $68 in state taxes last year (oddly, I've already paid in over $70 in state taxes this year :blink: ). I haven't received a paycheck from my job in over a year because it's all eaten up in taxes. I'm pretty muched screwed because I have a good job. :lol: So good, in fact, that yesterday I earned (waiting tables) the most money I've ever earned in one day in my entire life --- $366. It's not like I don't have the money to pay it (I do, in fact), but it would take every single dollar I have to my name at the moment.

Archived