• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Seeing the SDCC lineup reminds me of just how huge the cast was. Not sure I'll ever experience another moment like that 'live,' seeing so many faces in and out every week. It was like one last gasp of Marland-era ATWT.

Someone on Twitter was asking whether Laura Dern or Naomi Watts was the better Lynch 'muse.' It's one of those questions with no answer, I suppose, although I chose Watts, mostly because I thought she was so stupendous in MD and as Janey-E. 

• Members

Indiewire names their underrated TP Emmy contenders (misspelling one of their names...).

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/06/twin-peaks-actors-emmy-awards-michael-cera-1201976038/

I would have included Dana Ashbrook. I always was a fan of Bobby because of Dana's emotional beats and his charisma, more than the acting itself, but he was also very good on that front in the revival. One of the more unsung heartbeats of the revival, in my opinion.

• Members

I think Sheryl is a goddess, my all-time favorite actor and character from TP and the center of the show, but her part was too small (though integral) to justify that. One more hour and she might have it locked. Maybe next season.

I'd give it to Grace or Catherine, but tbh I suspect TP will be lucky to get nominations or awards for the show, Lynch or Kyle. All of whom deserve it, but despite it being a critical hit it is likely too alienating and not mainstream 'weird' enough to sweep those awards. I'll be shocked if it does. I think Lynch and Kyle may have a real shot, though.

Interesting quote from the Kyle interview re: the ending for the Joneses that confirms what I'd hoped:

• Members

I agree. I think it may just be Kyle (hopefully he will get a nomination). I think if there's another actor they really like and want to give them a nomination because of history with them, rather than being on Twin Peaks, that could also happen - not sure if there's anyone in the cast who fits that bill. 

If there's a surprise nomination I think it could end up being someone like Jim Belushi or Eamon Farren.

• Members

Apologies if I already posted this - the incredible Japanese dub trailer for Season 3. They do love their Twin Peaks:

And some clips from the original Japanese dub, including Leo's incredible Japanese voice:

Edited by Vee