Kim Delaney implodes while delivering speech

dragonflies

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kim Delaney is an alcoholic and not a high-functioning one like so many actors are. Sadly, she seems to relapse quite frequently and it almost always affects her work. She reminds me a lot of how Robert Downey Jr. used to be. I always thought his addiction would kill him. It's a fear I have for Kim too. I hope she eventually finds her way to beat her demons.

• Members

As someone who's followed her career rather closely, I've noticed she tends to unravel when given too much time in the spotlight. She seems to just want to act and anytime she gets a gig where she's under a lot of scrutiny and doing public appearances she implodes: NYPD Blue, CSI Miami, Philly, etc... It's heartbreaking because she's so talented but the booze has just torn her life apart.

That's one reason I've never campaigned for "Jenny" to return from the dead. I've never believed KD could handle the schedule or the toxic atmosphere that was ABC. JMHO.

• Members

Aww that's SO hard to watch, and not in the kinda funny way sometimes it is when you see celebs drunk or high inpublic--there's nothing funny here. You can tell it's been an issue a long time even just in her demeaner--having worked a bit in teen counselling centers, the fact that she just seems kinda sad--she's not laughing it off or anything.

I hope she does work something out and get help (and that her agent never tries to suggest she go on Celeb Rehab...)

When she was at AMC that was at the peak of its infamous cocaine on set problem right? Didn't Babbin have to crack down hard about actors being punished if they used it while acting? (Which probablyw as true of other shows--I know on Broadway Chorus Line particularly ahd a rampant coke prob in the early 80s--actors now tell about doing bumps just before going on stage--which is kinda amazing, I can't imagine doing anything on stage while on cocaine, let alone dancing, let alone in a show where you only have ONE chance to go briefly off stage for the full two hours...)

Archived