Homeland: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I hope Damien Lewis gets an Emmy nomination. He totally deserves it.

Brianna Brown's character got killed off. :( But I had a feeling that was going to happen. At least I got my one nude/sex scene. LOL Man, she's' so gorgeous. :wub:

I hope we find out soon what the terrorist plot is.

• Members

JJ, this said episode 6

<object id="player" width="415" height="310" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" ><param name="movie" value="http://videozer.com/embed/XqbZVXa" ></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" ></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://videozer.com/embed/XqbZVXa" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="415" height="310"></embed></object>

<object id="player" width="425" height="344" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" ><param name="movie" value="http://www.videobb.com/e/clL4cufwKW5C" ></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" ></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.videobb.com/e/clL4cufwKW5C" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

One of these should work. The second one is the same type I found Camelot on. The first one is new to me.

• Administrator

When Saul did his first lie detector test, he failed on the question of if he gave the razor to the guy, but he "wasn't calm" so they didn't take it seriously. I wonder if that's just a red herring though.

I had a feeling Brody already knew about his wife and his best friend sleeping with each other.

So why did Carrie tell Brody about what lie detector test was all about? Did she know he was going to pass it? Did she sleep with Brody on purpose and that's why she told the lie detector guy to ask Brody if he's ever cheated on his wife?

• Members

I don't think Carrie slept with Brody with the poly in mind, but I do think she was honey trapping him. Sleeping with him as a means of keeping him close and getting info. I think she told the guy to ask that question because he passed the "did you give the razor to the terrorist question". She didn't believe the result. She was hoping he would lie about being a cheater too and pass, which proves he's been trained to beat the poly or at least strongly suggests it.

Saul failing the poly is interesting. It does raise some questions. The show sort of brushed it off, with Saul's comments about how they've both failed at times so Brody couldn't beat it either (but we know he did), but it seems possible to me that Saul gave him the razor. I hope not, but I'm not ruling it out.

• Members

I don't believe Saul is a terrorist, but he may have wanted to help Hamid (sp) die for some other reason. Something we don't know yet. Probably not, though. I do think their could be some sort of final twist though that least Brody to being innocent. What is the evidence against him? Here's what I've seen so far:

1) Carrie's intel saying a prison of war has been turned

2) Hiding the fact that he's converted to Islam/Converting to Islam while a POW

3) Putting on a hero act for the press like Saul said a guilty person would

4)Asking to be in the room with Hamid

5)Hooking up with Carrie without confronting her about why she made contact with him. He can't possibly believe her lame chance meeting story.

6) Beating the poly.

7) The fact that an operation is going down just when he has been released back to the States.

8) Lying about having meet Nazir/possibly killing his fellow POW

What am I forgetting?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Woah!!!!! I was surprised that Walker was revealed to be the converted terrorist in episode 7, but episode 8's ending was shocking! So Brody was in on it afterall????!!!! ohmy.png And if he's really been turned, then next season will probably have him running for Congress. Could you imagine a Congressman being a terrorist!? That would be interesting to watch.

• Administrator

Ah, so that's why Brody said he "loved Abu Nazir" and why he "turned" - he built a father/son like relationship with Abu Nazir's son who was killed by a drone that belonged to the US, and then the Vice President lying about no children being harm. There's probably more too.

So this terrorist plot seems to have two aspects: the long term plan with Brody running for Congress, and short term plan with Walker possibility assassinating the President.

• Members

I bet this was a set up in some way. I'm not sure how. Either the child wasn't Abu Nazir's child or the child isn't dead and it was all implanted in Brody's mind somehow. I just can't quite buy that Nazir allowed Brody to get close to that child without it all leading to furthering the plan.

I suspected that Walker might be alive and might be the terrorist. I figured that would be how Brody ended up being innocent all along, after Carrie violated his civil rights in every possible way. I never imagined they had both been turned. That was a good twist.

• Administrator

Is Abu Nazir an alias for Stefano Dimera? :lol: But I agree, it's possible. I hope the kid is dead (okay, that sounds mean LOL) because we already had two fake deaths (Brody and Walker) and because the kid's death actually means something to Brody - I would hate to see a false motive.

Archived