AMC: Interview w/ Christina Bennett Lind (Bianca)

• Members

What I don't think is being understood is that this incarnation Bianca will never have a real storyline or romance unless they recast Reese. They have gone down the same road in terms of Bianca with someone new and they walk around the gay issue, with them bringing back her wife they are forced to go beyond the hand holding, dating, minimum kissing, that has been done before not just on this show but many others.

I don't think this interview makes it clear that Bianca and Reese are over. Christina is talking about two things at once without giving away storylines. AMC should be careful of how they are portraying a gay marriage with children involved. Reese has been established as the other mother to "the girls" and just like Marissa, they just can't neglect that fact. You can't make a couple "right", "honor" them, or "respect" their story by splitting them up, especially with one half of the couple being off-screen.

AMC has no excuse to not recast. If they choose not to, you can bet Bianca will be doing a whole lot of nothing, like she is now, while they claim they will give her a romance, "take it slow", without making any progress in terms of lesbian storylines. It will be the same old same old. They have an opportunity to write a fresh story about a lesbian marriage being fixed and children being raised in that environment. It is very timely and could bring lots of attention if they choose to go that route INSTEAD OF PUNKING OUT AND BEING LAZY.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm with R on this one. She's a pleasant enough recast, that I think could really work, but AMC needs to give this woman a storyline to see if she's worth her salt. Right now she's been propping.

And I never knew Wheeler played a dual role. This show is freaking lousy with twins.

• Members

I agree.

While I can understand the idea that the team at AMC are trying not to trivialize the significance of the Bianca/Reese marriage, I don't understand why they simply won't recast. They never utilized Tamara Braun or the Reese character while she was on the canvas. All of a sudden, now, Reese is too important to just bring back and recast? They'd rather recast Bianca and bring her back to do nothing -- but stop at recasting Reese to complete the story?

Archived