Mary Linda Rapleye website

• Members

Watching more of the mid-80s ATWT, I continue to be disappointed that Lyla's sister Maggie was written out and then never really mentioned again. There's something quirky, funny, yet also down-to-earth about her which helps enliven what could be tedious stories about baby adoption and mobsters and so on. I think she would have fit in very well in Marland's ATWT if he'd written for her.

I looked up the actress' name, and aside from learning she played Chekhov's ex-flame Irina in a Star Trek TOS episode, Mary Linda Rapleye also put up some clips of her time at OLTL (as Ivan Kipling's wife Faith) and at ATWT. I hadn't seen the clips anywhere else so I didn't want to just post this in one of the ATWT tribute threads, in case you hadn't seen them either. One is of Maggie pretending to be Cal Randolph's Southern-fried wife, complete with red wig, and beating a mobster in a high stakes poker game. Another is a fantasy sequence Cal has about Maggie, a fur coat, and Teddy Pendergrass music. As with a lot of 80s love scenes it's fairly risque, although that might just be down to the look on his face when the fantasy is over...

http://marylindarapelye.com/60s.html

http://marylindarapelye.com/80s.html

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just watched the OLTL clip. It is of Faith on a date with Larry, and they end up talking about the differences between him and Ivan and what each other means to them.

I find she has a very strong likability about her. She kind of resembles Robin Strasser/Brynn Thayer and especially Philece Sampler.

• Members

Thanks, I'd forgotten to give a description for the OLTL clip. I guess this must have been right before Ivan put the chip in her and in Larry. I don't think she'd be so glowing about him if she knew about that...

She does look like Philece Sampler, you're right. And a bit like Felicity La Fortune. There's also a believable family resemblance to Anne Sward and Margaret Colin/Hillary Bailey. That was good casting.

I know it's presumptuous starting a thread on this but I'm always happy to find any other scraps of old soap stuff and in case anyone else is the same I thought they might want to know. I don't know if those clips were anywhere else but I hadn't seen them on Youtube or anything.

• Members

Was Faith in the mind chip story? I should try to see more of that if it's online I guess. I mostly remember it for the hilarious image of Larry wearing a headband. At least he got to be the hero though. :)

Archived