It's A Living

DRW50

• Members

Since a dozen other sitcoms have been posted, might as well post this, as I have always loved this booby intro. Too bad this show is nowhere to be found now. And starring that legendary Barrie Youngfellow!

I always have a hard time picturing someone like Susan Sullivan on this show...

Anyone else love Marian Mercer? Loved her so much on St. Elsewhere and in 9 to 5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM33xzGyHAw

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Now come on, I think we're grasping now LOL

I've always wanted to see this one, it looks like it's right up my alley. I approve of the cast, of the network version at least. I know next to nothing about the syndicated years.

There had to be at least 10 sitcoms that bombed on the networks but were successful in syndication. Mama's Family, this one, 9 to 5, Charles in Charge, some others.

• Members

Yeah, there were different versions of this show and it had to have been the syndicated version I watched because like Carl I thought Susan Sullivan was a real head-scratcher when I read about the show years later (especially since I'd probably never even seen her on the show). I remember Sheryl-Lee Ralph.

And what is up with that funky billing? Ann Jillian gets an "and" mid-credits and then Barrie gets one too? :blink: Why not put them right next to each other and do a "with/as" and "and/as"?

My '80s memories of Ann Jillian also include her role as the Red Queen in the all-star Alice in Wonderland TV movie opposite Carol Channing as the White Queen ("Jam tomorrow, jam yesterday, but never never jam today!"). And of course her battle with breast cancer.

Marian Mercer had a memorable guest spot on The Golden Girls as Stan's Czechoslovakian cousin, Magda. She isn't doing so well these days. :(

• Members

I didn't know that about Marian. Sad :( She is so underrated.

Crystal Bernard was on the show too in its last year. They seemed to have a lot of cast changes.

Was Louise Lasser on this at one time? I can't quite imagine her in one of those outfits :ph34r:

Not that I know of. I remember they showed a few random episodes on TV Land.

• Members

According to wiki, she on for the ABC version's second season.

I think the show was airing on TVLand regularly for a year or so like around 1999 or 2000. I didn't even have the channel back then (but my classic TV loving self desperately wanted it!)

I always thought it was more 9 to 5 + Alice.

Archived