AMC: Friday, March 13, 2009

• Members

I think, from AMC's point of view, AMC has no reason to bring Bianca back full time. I don't think they care that much about fan backlash over a recast. If they did care about fan backlash they never would have done this disastrous story with Reese.

She's a lesbian. We've seen how much Frons and AMC like to deal with the lesbian issue. Bianca spent years with her relationships being irrelevant, or all about men. The Erica/Bianca relationship has already been explored about as far as it can be explored. It would just be Erica as reciting talking points about Bianca's life, as she does now with Kendall.

If they did bring Bianca back permanently, then my guess is she would be turned bisexual, or completely straight, and if the Zeese story is any indication, or the state of most of the romances on AMC (if there are any), I don't know how they would handle this storyline.

I also don't know if Bianca's return would shore up the Kane family. Pratt, or Frons, or whoever, they focus more on alpha males. Zach. Ryan. David. Jake. I think part of this Reese story, and Josh's murder, was about dismantling what was left of the Kanes and making sure Zach was the central figure. Zach killed Josh. Zach "took" Bianca's girlfriend. Zach keeps Kendall and Erica in their place.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree. I can't help resent that the Kane women have been weakened so Zach can dominate the show and boss them around. I think its primarily Pratt who is respnsible for this. He said he wanted to make the men stronger and part of that plan seems to be to weaken all the women to build up the men. I like Zach, or at least used to, but he should never be more important than the Kanes, and they certainly shouldn't be putting up with his current dismissive,condescending attitude towards them.

Archived