HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE: Movie 6

YRBB

• Members

389px-Hp6teaserposter.jpg

I know it's still a little early, but it seems promotion for the movie is gearing up, as we are fastly approaching the premiere! This one looks just as good a movie as 5 was, if not even better, and I am waiting for this anxiously.

Here's one of the trailers:

Excitingness! :lol:

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Once again Warner Brothers completely destroys another Harry Potter movie.

I can't believe JK Rowling still allows this SH*T to be released in movie theaters. Every single movie save the first one is a complete abomination of the novel. And they've only gotten worse as the series progresses.

And not to ruin it for those of you who are thinking of seeing this but you should be warned that SEVERAL significant events from the novel have been CUT from the movie. Like this isn't small nitpicking stuff either. I'm talking major events and fallout that should be in it will not be shown...

If there were was ever a need for an online petition to boycott a movie this would be the movie I'd boycott but the truth of the matter is that it will gain millions at the box office thanks to all the little kiddies who will go into it for all the magic effects... :angry:

Just thinking of the novels and the massacre that the movies are just makes me want to cry...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Members

Exactly my thoughts. I can still enjoy Movies 1 and 2, but 3-5 are just brilliant, especially the fifth one--and I expect the next three will be equally as brilliant.

I am not one of those fans who will compare chapter-to-chapter with what's on the movie. For the most part, the changes and cuts make sense and I understand that a movie is a whole different ballgame than a book. I reserve judgment for Movie 6 because some truly major stuff is being cut off, but I'm trusting Yates has a plan.

Though I'm gonna have to wait till August to watch the movie. <_<

• Members

I didn't care for the 5th movie, but I didn't like the 5th book so I guess that makes sense.

I really liked the 6th book so hopefully I'll enjoy the movie.

I don't think this is spoiling anything but I'll hide it anyway

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Exactly my thoughts. Harris was exactly like I had pictured Dumbledore as well (actually, the movies have been perfectly cast in general), and it was sad to see him go, but the Voldemort/Dumbledore fight? Or what's coming up next? No way he could have done all that stuff. It was a sort of blessing in disguise for the movies.

• Members

Loved this movie too! Saw it on the 16th; want to see it again. The movie got the jist of the book. Yes, parts are left out but not real significant parts. (and yes we could argue that point). But book 6 was a set up to book 7 just as the movie is. It (the movie) got all the necessary parts in order but it also put in the parts that showed the growth and development of the relationships of the main characters. Books rarely if ever translate well into movies. To me there is nothing that compares to a good book. I don't tend to judge a book vs. a movie.

Archived