Planet Soap--new Canadian tv show about soaps

• Members

Anyone watched this? I guess I missed both episodes so far, it airs weekly on Tuesdays on TVtropolis (ie a waste of a channel especially now they've stopped showing Melrose reruns grrr).

Here's the descrtiption

Planet Soap (13x30min) World Premiere

Tuesdays at 6pm and 8pm ET beginning September 2

With sexy shenanigans, weird and wonderful story plots, dark intrigues, tearful revelations, betrayals and bust-ups – soaps are a genre loved by millions. The brand new original series Planet Soap celebrates the world of soap operas. Examining topics like “the most vicious catfights in soap history”, each half hour episode will also feature soap star favourites sharing their best and worst moments in the profession.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh I guess my beloved NElson already reported on this and is playing a part...

"Planet Soap, TVtropolis — Guess who helped produce it? And who's an expert?

• That’s right, moi! On Tuesday, Sept. 2, Planet Soap debuts on Canadian cable channel, TVtropolis (check local listings). This week, it’s all about Relative Insanity: bust-ups, sex-mad husband snatchers and mothers and daughters who scrap it out, tooth "

• Members

Actually, it's owned by Canwest (who own Global, E!...). The show is not produced in-house and it is supposed to cover all the soaps. They even had interviews with cast members from everyone that is featured, forgot to mention that earlier. So last week, Susan Flannery, Hunter Tylo and Jennifer Gareis were on from B&B. Jess Walton and Jeanne Cooper appeared for the Y&R and Ron Raines from GL.

CTVglobemedia runs CTV (GH, B&B) and 'A' (AMC, OLTL).

• Members

PLANET SOAP currently screens on TVTropolis and you can catch each episode several times throughout the week... All the soaps are covered!

Tues, Sept 2nd. At 7.30am, 11;46am, 5.52pm and 7.44pm

Saturday at 8.30am

Sunday at 7pm and 10.43pm

Monday at 10pm

Here's the show line-up…

Show 1

103 RELATIVE INSANITY

Bust-ups, sex-mad husband snatchers and mothers and daughters who scrap it out, tooth and nail. It's Planet Soap's version of Happy Families! Jerry Springer joins the in fun.

SHOW 2

102 SEXY SUPER COUPLES

They're the soap couples that make daytime TV sizzle – but those steamy moments on screen are real life passion killers for the actors.

SHOW 3

101 TERROR COMES TO TOWN

Blood soaked rampages, demonic possession and blackmailers with shocking secrets of their own – it all happens on Planet Soap!

SHOW 4

109 CATFIGHTS

From hair pulling hissy fits to strangulations with phone cords and mud wrestling to the death, the feisty females of Planet Soap always play dirty!

Show 5

108 HOTTEST HUNKS

Soap studs reveal what it's really like to be an object of daytime desire in this special flesh fest episode.

SHOW 6

105 SOAP 911

Tearful deathbed vigils, emotional farewells, and a young woman who gets buried alive. More campy capers from Planet Soap.

SHOW 7

106 SUPERHEROES

When you're at the mercy of soap writers, just about anything can happen to you! Regular Joes can turn into Demon Slayers and real life comic book heroes.

SHOW 8

111 ADDICTED TO LOVE

Daytime Diva Susan Lucci, whose All My Children character Erica Kane has been married 11 times, is among those to examine their on-screen rollercoaster love lives.

SHOW 9

107 GONE TODAY, HERE TOMORROW

On Planet Soap, you can always come back from the dead – even if you've been blown up, decapitated or cursed into a sleeping beauty coma!

SHOW 10

112 VILLAINS WE LOVE TO HATE

Kimberlin Brown - better known as Psycho Sheila from The Young and the Restless - brought chaos to the Forrester Family when she appeared on sister soap show The Bold and the Beautiful.

SHOW 11

110 BAD FOR BUSINESS

If soap characters behaved like they do in real life, they'd all get their pink slips for wrecking 9 to 5! It's time for them to defend their office brawls, shady deals and tyrannical behavior.

Show 12

104 LIFE…EXAGGERATED

Life on Planet Soap is bigger, more volatile and intense. Soap stars recall the moments that shocked the nation, surprised soap fans, and brought big ratings to daytime.

Show 13

113 SO YOU WANT TO BE A SOAP STAR?

It takes more that good looks to be a soap star! Cameron Mattison reveals what it really takes to make it big in the high pressure, one-take world of daytime television.

• Members

Oooh I stand corrected--they will be covering ABC soaps. Nice to see one of the "talking heads" featured is Amanda who hosts the local "soap's Up" segment that airs for 3 minutes in between episodes of AMC and OLTL here in Western Canada (Partly to fill time because Canadian rules allow less commercials than the US)--I've met her a few times and she's super sweet.

I noticed this week's ep had some old black and white soap clips (from Days? I think?) which make sme think hey have a big archive to pull from--I hope, even though it's meant to be a flashy type show (think those VH1 "I love the 80s" specials) they use some of that more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Anyone else been watching? Last week's about bizarre stories was a bit of a wash for me--they did DAYS Salem Stalker one, then Days possession, then the recent Blackmailer story on Passions and then I guess to be fair they focused on OLTL's Music Box Killer Story--which was an unmemorable choice and cuz of who makes the show they couldn't even air clips from it (an all about Erica ep is coming up soon so I hope they clear SOME clip rights). This week was about male skin in soaps lol

E

Archived