We should set up a MAIL RON CARLIVATI DAY

• Members

I don't know, Rhino. I don't open any emails from any name I don't recognize, and I'm even more vigilant with work-related mail. And that's just little old me. The volume must be nightmarish for them. With snail mail they at least count it.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I suggest adding a bit of constructive criticism in there too. You wouldn't want Ron to get caught up in his own hype. Nothing like "you're a hack and you're not using my favorite character or couple well." Just politely say how much you appreciate what he's doing and you'd like it if he improved certain aspects.

However, with the volume of letters he might be getting, I don't think he'd be able to read all of them...

• Members

I think the perception is that it takes more effort so is taken more seriously. It doesn't take a whole lot to rattle off a list of likes and dislikes, and hit the send button. Not much different from posting at a message board. :D

• Members

If we are trying to do something as a group, should we do something with the envelope to make our campaign stand out from all the rest of the snail mail that they receive?

I'm thinking something along the lines of everyone finding a green envelope at our local greeting card stores to send their letter in, and we can call it the "Green Light" campaign, from all the fans giving Carlivati the green light on the direction he's taken the show.

I disagree that we should give constructive criticism. Being that even with all of our agreement that the show is doing well, we still have different preferences and all of our criticisms may differ, and confuse the message of what we're trying to do. If we all ONLY write about what we've been enjoying, it will be understood as a group effort to let Carlivati and OLTL know that THESE are the reasons we're loving his work.

Maybe in the corner of the envelope where we write our return address, the first line can be:

Green Light Campaign

Your Name here

55 Cherry St.

Llanview, PA 21873

(Obviously we'd put our actual addresses, but I wanted to generalize so as not to put my address out there on the internet)

How does that sound to everyone?

Archived