Days: Article on RB Joining Cast

• Members

i looked and didnt see this posted-

Born Again on "Days"

May 26, 2008 2:30 PDT By Daniel R. Coleridge

Tags: Days of Our Lives | Roscoe Born Look out! Trouble comes to "Days of Our Lives" when Roscoe Born joins the show this Thursday, May 29. And trust us ... When it comes to stealing scenes on the soaps, this guy's the master.

"I can't give anything away," Roscoe tells SOAPnet.com, "but from talking to [co-executive producer] Ed Scott and [head writer] Dena Higley, they have some really interesting plans for my character to evolve."

Roscoe's tight-lipped on details, but here's what we can tell you: He plays the contract role of Dean Robbins. No, "Dean" isn't his first name; it's his title at Salem University, where he's in charge of the physics department. "Nick [blake Berris] comes up with an alternative fuel cell which supposedly will revolutionize life as we know it on this planet," Roscoe previews. "He's a protege of the dean's."

Is Dean Robbins a rotten egg like Roscoe's other memorable TV roles? "The last two parts I played -- Tom Fisher on 'The Young and the Restless' and Mitch Laurence on 'One Life to Live' -- were villains. This guy's going to have a lot of different sides to him, and some aren't going to be pleasant, but he won't be a stock villain. I don't think I'll be killing anybody or putting out a cigarette in a five year old's eye this time! There's a lot more complexity to Dean Robbins, which I'm looking forward to playing."

What kind of trouble would you like to see Roscoe stir up in Salem?

http://soapnet.go.com/soapnet/article/path.../category_shows

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

^lol, well i HOPE that is just a minor nothingness to the plot and we dont have to actually see anything with that.

i do have hope tho because RB said his char is very layerd. and dena did amazing with Ava, IMHO, so... and there are rumors he is Max's real father so that would be awesome.

• Members

Tom Fisher was multi-faceted, it's a shame they wasted him on Gloria's shrieky harpy ass and Sheila's Phantom of the Opera BS. I'm not saying he could have been redeemed but they could have thought up a better story than the one they did.

Archived