River City: New Promo Campaign

• Members

http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/tv/rivercity/news/

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/tv-showbiz-new...78057-20395817/

marketing08_joanne.jpg

marketing08_ewan.jpg

marketing08_lydia.jpg

I'm really excited that BBC Scotland are making an effort to promote their series. It's got a good following in Scotland but a campaign like this could really get it noticed (the first six months or so were really shaky and some people still get the same impression from it). I'm really looking forward to the video promos airing as well. There's constant talk of it going national but it's come to nothing so far, hopefully the BBC will get behind it soon and launch it in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Episodes are on the BBC website but my guess is that they can't be viewed outside the UK.

Love the campaign. I think I've only ever seen half an episode but the fact that its been going for 6 years leaves me mystified as to why they've never made it national. There was talk of it replacing Neighbours but that fell through. I just think considering the crap they peddle in BBC daytime and late night, there has to be a place for it on the schedule. Not necessarily primetime as it is in Scotland but as a daytime show or even an hour long episode on Sunday evenings.

• Members

I believe you can at www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer (search for River City), however I'm not too sure if this function is available to those outside of the UK (if it isnt, there are ways to get around it). Be warned, it's a little hard to take, a lot of people in it have really strong accents (even I have trouble understanding it sometimes and I live in the city where it's set).

Archived