Who is NEVER coming back to daytime

• Members

Let's shatter some illusions. If someone still has one of those...

For example, Claire Labine, who is 70 (73, to be precise).

Possibly Lorraine Broderick, who is 59. James E. Reilly is 59, too (he'll be 60 in July).

Wendy Riche, who accumulated a lot of money and has absolutely no incentive to come back.

Every once in a while, a topic about who do you want to head-write a soap reappers and many of these names come to mind. I would just like some of the fant to be realistic about the chances of these people going back to daytime again.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'll take a shot at an actress in this thread. I'm sure many of you people know who I'm going to say, so I might as well say it. Cynthia Watros. And the reason why I say that is because there was one time I called the Guiding Light studios to see if I could get my selfish hands of the episode where Annie Dutton is at Cross Creek and she ends up taking H.B.'s medication pills and boozes it up. That performance right there was one of the clips that she submitted for the Emmy judges. And it was an amazing performance that left me so shocked that I couldn't speak it was so chilling.

So, I called the studios and told them that I was an Annie Dutton fan and all that I wanted was one little bitty favor. And that favor was quite simple and that was just to give me that tape. That's it. I don't think that I was asking for an arm and leg at all. But anyway, the woman that I spoke to asked for my phone number to see if she could do anything since I was an Annie Dutton fan and she was telling me that the staff still misses her a lot. And she thought it was hilarious that I threw Annie Dutton parties with my friends, but there was one thing that caught my attention when she was talking to me about Cynthia Watros.

She said that when it comes to alumnis from Guiding Light, they usually keep in touch with them with their current projects or their life in general. But no one has heard from Cynthia Watros ever since her Emmy win in 1998.

• Members

Nancy Curlee, from what I hear she was disgusted by the state of daytime when she left GL in 94. Goes to show how network/production company interference was a growing trend even a decade ago.

I agree with Agnes and Claire as well, they should enjoy their retirement, they've earned it.

I hope to the gods above that Latham, McTavish, and hopefully B&E and Higley soon retire in the near future.... :lol:

• Members

No, I don't have any personally, but I remember a few being posted a few years back on another board (the board no longer exists. Nancy was very adamant about not tricking the audience and consistenctly tricking them. She believed the soap viewers were smart people and expected better of her. I remember the interview she gave about Roger Thorpe's return (after he had "died" years before). You can tell just how much she respected GL's audience.

Here's a part that I saved of the interview, which is from the March 16, 1993 edition of SOD :

Another part:

Really, what I'm trying to say, P&G and perhaps CBS probably wanted her to dumb down her material, which she hated. She had way too much respect for the genre and its audience to go along with a corporate agenda. There's always the belief that if you water down your material, it will attract a bigger and younger audience, which is all wrong IMO.

• Members

Writers

Wisner Washam

Lorraine Broderick

Claire Labine

Charles Pratt Jr.

James Reilly

Agnes Nixon

Executive Producers

Wendy Riche

Felicia Minei Behr

Jacqueline Babbin