Amy Winehouse & The Grammys

JackPeyton

• Members

So, recently some people have been in an uproar about Amy Winehouse winnign the gramms. Now lets put aside if she should have won or not based on ig you like her or not, and lets discuss if she should have won or not based on her personal life. Some people have been saying that she should not be rewarded because shes in rehab and has a drug problem. So what do you think?

I personally think she should have won. The grammys are not given out based on personal life, nor should they be.

what do you think?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Amy Winehouse is a great singer and songwritter and whether she is a drug addict or if anyone is for that matter shouldn't be considered when giving out awards. Only the damned talent. I think Amy is on her way to recovery. She did wonderfully on the Grammys. In fact her performances was one of my faves of the night. This year's Grammys was awesome and the best Grammys in quite awhile.

• Members

I actually think that she won BECAUSE she is such a tabloid headliner. Not inspite of it. Quite honestly I can't believe that she swept the grammy's and won all of those awards. "Rehab" is not so great to win both Record and Song of the Year. It's laughable that it did. But then again anything that doesn't let the public vote on musical quality is always iffy with me. I also think it's insane that Milli Vanilli won several grammy's their first year while Madonna had to wait 15-16 years before she was awarded just one especially when alot of the artists that won those awards in her category won it making the music she defined from her very first album.

Archived