Night Shift 2

• Members

No, it's not the realism I have a problem with -- it's that whole "inside joke" aspect with no effort to explain it to those of us who weren't in on it. GH brought a lot of NS stuff over when NS was supposed to be its own separate universe. So for like the first couple weeks after NS ended, we had a lot of random moments that made no sense because they were discussed on NS, but never addressed on GH. The singing orderly and Epiphany's overt dislike for him made no sense. Kelly all of a sudden becoming a sex addict made no sense (we didn't see her discovery or revelation of her addiction -- it just WAS!). Nadine's cold reception at GH made no sense... and TPTB didn't even bother to try and make any sense for us. It was just "if you snooze, you lose, loser!"

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Doesn't need any improvement - IMO. I loved it! No mobsters to be seen other than Jason and I can tolerate him outside of the moblife. It was centered on the hospital, it had drama, angst, sex, tension, one crisis after another - it was GREAT!

My only complaint was how they tried to merge it with GH after the 13 weeks were over. A HUGE NO NO! They should of kept it separate from GH.

And the ending I thought was pretty great too!

Jen

• Members

At this point, I think NS has captured - or at least, intrigued - all the regular GH viewers it's going to. S2, therefore, should be about establishing the show as more than just a(nother) GH spinoff. IOW, instead of synergizing NS w/ GH more, I think NS should strike out completely on its' own, developing its' own storylines and "universe." That isn't to say it should be like the final year or so of PORT CHARLES, where you had to pretend that show and GH existed in parallel worlds. I'm talking more along the lines of Y&R and B&B: characters crossover from one show or the other occasionally; otherwise, though, they maintain separate focuses and identities.

Oh, and eighty-six Billy Dee, too. I don't know what the heck he's supposed to be about!

Archived