AW Fans: The Matthews?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Interesting Neil, because for years, I have been thinking of writing an online continuance of Another World. And, have often thought about casting. To answer your question, I think Kelly might be a good choice for Russ. I've considered him for my own Bay City. Still, there is something about the actor that makes me hesitant. Not sure why. I've also considered actors like Peter Simon and Richard VanFleet as Russ. And don't forget the original "heart-throb" Russ, Sam Groom, is still acting and as handsome as ever. Only reason I wouldn't go with Groom is that Russ probably should be de-sorased by 5 to 7 years, at least to play out the stories I have planned for him. Kelly, Simon and VanFleet are old enough to be believable as Rachel's first husband, but still young enough to have remarried (since we last saw him) and have teenaged kids.

As far as casting Liz, I'd still go with Irene Daily. She is still alive, and I can't think of another actress who could fill those shoes. Still, I'd enjoy hearing other casting ideas for Liz. Joan Copeland would be interesting as Liz, but she is likely at least as old as Daily. I wouldn't be opposed to de-sorasing Liz by 5 to 7 years. Any other casting ideas?

Archived