The Saints R&B group..

BCNSR200.jpg

Columnist: Connie Phillips

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oouch. I got a spankin' :lol:

a great eppy for Toussant since I'm from Chicago; I have been to the historic "original" Regal Theatre. I thought they have been using Billy D.

I mean, I've seen him on nearly every eppy...I like Kim' Robin. I didn't watch just for Robin w/Jason. They were the leads it wasn't their show for me. I watched for Kim' acting and she was phenomenal. IMO soaps are too "pairing driven." Instead back in the day seemed more "drama" driven...meaning, for me anyway, they just didn't stick characters together; the drama led them to be a pair...e.g. as soon as Patrick came on the scene, I felt he was hired to be paired [w/Robin]. It was a no-brainer. The drama use to create the pairings (more) in that it would have been harder to make that early assumption. I've done about 30 yrs.... so? I'm kinda old school I guess.

I liked "other" characters eg Lainey, Cody, Kelly, Andy, Regina, Leo etc. IMO it is a series of vignettes, since that is one of my favorites method of storytelling esp in a 13 week arc. it was like fan fic for me. I don't think Robin' relationship is ruined. It doesn't bother me bc in true soap fashion, by yrs' end, they'll be together. Some think and truly believe that some IICs don't see drama in happy. They can only write them in angst or conflict....its easier and lazier.

IMO wh/Robin/Jason were happy, doing their day to day Some complained "why are they arguing about a couch" but this is what couples do sometimes. Patrick is a fine, playboy, neurosurgeon it isn't unlikely that he would be arrogant and get stuck on stupid in this relationship bc he' never been in love committed before (from what I gather from his history) . Robin wasn't haven't it. The look on his face wh/she dumped him was priceless [on GH &] NS. IMO it will be Patrick who takes this the hardest...(as he' already). I guess, just not seeing that they were ruined [for me] but as "growing pains" Me personally? After him flaunting his pink tart in my face esp where we work. After his "lovely Leyla, we would be done. So ITA. But in the kingdom of soaps they'll probably be back together by the end of the year. The point I'm driving is characters not being defined soley by a mnemonic pairing; what about them individually? I looked at NS as fan fiction and yes there are problems for me so all isn't sweetness and light...

1. Maybe it could've aired one-half hour instead of an hour and spread it more than once a week....

2. Too much Spinelli that I can see on GH, he hogged the show, yeah I like him but I wanted to see more of [Leo, Andy, Regina] Lainey, Kelly, characters who on GH sit deep on the bench in the basement w/a plastic bag over their head, hence "no air" e.g., I'm a Georgy girl so since she' been regulated to pouring coffee at Kelly's where she is being used to prop Maxi [and Lulu on GH] and never in a major sl; why not involve her in NS w/her cousin? She works as a volunteer for years, so it makes sense ... why is Spin there in the on NS?

3. Kelly a nympho - addicted to sex on NS, OK I get it... [this was a WOW for me wasn't expecting it esp w/Stan oh and by the way where is Stan?] That's who is MIA for me and they dropped the ball on this character.

4. I was sold as an edgy, racier fan fiction of GH what was edgy about it? They pimped this to Robin' fans and did the old school "bait and switch" and their newbie "it girl"winds up getting the guy while making Robin more the anti-heroine...[i got this from another post and I thoroughly agree so I can't take credit but from what I understand that is TPTB' calling card..they used my Robin to pull me in to pimp Leyla...what I admire is her fans, they aren't having it and ratings reflect that so Robin' fans spoke loud and clear Yay!!

5. Not enough romance, where is the romantic back drop? Just characters shagging...Since we got them on at night, what one shower scene? that' it for the top tier characters? Then the I wanna be a mamma drama? When is poor Lainey ever going to get a love scene, she didn't with Justis on GH, I don't think bc as soon as they started he got whacked. Why not here. I thought this was giving me romance stories..yeah with the hospital stuff balanced with it...IMO if they wanted to be more dramatic they would have shown Patrick and his Pink tart toward the "end" and BAM....they could have carried it over to GH so many parts were not well scribed... the only romance I saw was Epip and Toussaint. jmo

Oh there is more :rolleyes: but this oughta do for starters: "Be Well"

ns650x166.jpg

Archived