Ever Met A Soap Star?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I met Charles Keating at the Guthrie Theater, where I work in the fine dining restaurant. He said that Port Charles was a bunch of "bull [!@#$%^&*]" with the vampires, and you can tell that he just adores being here, doign what he does best....theater

• Members

By current show, or last show they were on.

AMC

Walt Willey - and if you have a chance to see his comedy show, do it. It's raunchy, but funny as heck!

Thorsten Kaye - met several times while he was on PC

B&B

Kyle Lowder (was on Days when I met him)

Days

Matt Ashford

Melissa Reeves

Joy Bisco (met while she was on PC)

Briefly met Eric Winter and Farah Fath

GH

Tony Geary

Corbin Bernsen

Rick Hearst

Greg Vaughan

Tyler Christopher

Natalia Livingston

Scott Clifton

Chad Brannon

Jay Pickett (ok, so he's not on GH yet, but he will be soon LOL; met him while he was on PC)

Eddie Matos - I got a kiss on the cheek; met him while he was on PC

Kiko Ellsworth - I got a kiss on the cheek from him too. He's a doll!!! Met him while he was on PC

GL

Mandy Bruno

Murray Bartlett

Gina Tognoni

Brian Gaskill - met multiple times

OLTL

Michael Easton - he was on PC at the time I met him

Kathy Brier - after a performance of "Hairspray"

Passions

Michael Dietz (met him at the 2003 PC fanclub dinner)

Y&R

Jeanne Cooper - funny woman!!! She is a trip!!!

Billy Warlock (OMG, I'm taller than him!)

Lauralee Bell

David Lago - talked to him for quite some time

Keith Hamilton Cobb - I met him when he was on Y&R

PC

Anne Jefferies (Amanda Barrington)

Miriam Parris (Reese)

Rebecca Staab

• Members

AMC

Rebecca Budig (ex-Greenlee)

Alicia Minshew (Kendall)

Aiden Turner (Aidan)

Cameron Mathison (Ryan)

Eden Riegel (Bianca)

Terri Ivens (ex-Simone)

Vincent Irizarry (ex-David; David Y&R)

Jacob Young (JR)

Jeff Branson (Jonathan)

Justin Bruening (ex-Jamie)

Elizabeth Hendrickson (ex-Maggie)

GH

Natalia Livingston (Emily)

Kelly Monaco (Sam)

Greg Vaughan (Lucky)

Alicia L. Willis (ex-Courtney)

Matt Marraccini (ex-Jesse), why did they kill him off again?

M'fundo Morrison (ex-Justus), why did they kill him off, too?

Stephen Martines (ex-Nikolas)

OLTL

Trevor St. John (Todd)

Hilary B. Smith (Nora)

Forbes March (Nash)

Michael Easton (John)

Catherine Hickland (Lindsay)

John Paul Lavoisier (Rex)

Kamar de los Reyes (Antonio)

Chris Beetem (ex-Tate)

DAYS

Matthew Ashford (ex-Jack)

GL

Scott Bailey (ex-Sandy)

Ricky Paull Goldin (Gus)

Stephanie Gatschet (ex-Tammy)

David Andrew Macdonald (Edmund)

ATWT

Mark Collier (ex-Mike)

Wow, I used to go to so many soap events, (one time at SSW) they had so many in Atlantic City for years, and then they just kinda stopped. I wish they would have some more so I can meet some of the new soap stars I haven't seen yet, lol. They always would sell out, it was so much fun. I remember going to one event and it had a few CBS (GL/ATWT) stars, nobody was around them, so I just kinda hung out with them, everybody was going crazy over the ABC people like Easton and Mathison. It was so much funnn, haha. Brings back memories.

• Members

LOL! That's too funny Khan! The only soap star I ever met was Hayden Panettiere when she use to play Lizzie Spaulding on Guiding Light and I think that was during the year of 1999. It was unusual how I met her though because I was a manager for a Carribbean Restaurant and I noticed this girl sitting at the bar with her mother. Of course, I found it strange that a girl was sitting at the bar, but when I saw the side of her face, she looked very familiar to me. So, I put two and two together and realized that it was my little Lizzie Spaulding. She was very poilte to me and very mature for her age. She did find it strange that I knew her from Guiding Light because no one ever approached her before with that. People mainly knew her from the other soaps she's done before. Was it All My Children or One Life To Live? My mind is a blank right now. Anyways, she was in Atlanta filming a movie with Denzel Washington called `Remember The Titans'.

• Members

I met Jason Cook (ex-Shawn, Days) at a bar in Salt Lake a few years ago….actually two bars, we ran into him twice. He chatted with my two friends and I for awhile, and bought us a round of drinks. I didn’t talk to him about Days, but some drunk girl walked by an yelled/slurred, “Shaaaawn….where is Bellllle.”

• Members

1.gif1.gif1.gif LOL! That is TOO funny!

Oh yeah, I also forgot that I saw what's his face from Y&R and he's on Criminal Minds? Shemar Moore! He was doing a play at the fabulous Fox Theatre in Atlanta that tanked big-time in ticket sales. He sat at the bar at my workplace and he looked at me several times. I can't say that I talked to him, but I do know that he likes his Skyy Vodka! ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Hayden Panettiere portrayed Sarah Roberts on OLTL from 1994- 1997. She was the third person in the role. She played Lizzie Spaulding from 1997-2001 on GL.

I have met Michelle Stafford (on the set of Like Mother, Like Daughter) and Joshua Morrow (at an exhibition).

• Members

Well, she's not really thought of as a soap star, but I met Betty White back in the mid-90's. I was in the King of Prussia Mall (one of the country's largest malls located in suburban Philadelphia) and Betty White had just completed a book signing. As she was walking in one direction, I was walking from the other direction, and I said "Hi, Betty." Very politely, she smiled at me and said hello.

Archived