GL: Tom Pelphrey might be returning.

• Members

Got my SOD today and it says that a source close to GL negotions is claiming that its rumored that they might be lurring Tom Pelphrey back to GL to reprise his role as Jonathon. They are saying that nothing has been confirmed about this. They asked Tom Pelphrey on a return and he said that it was unlikely but didn't rule it out. He also had this to say:

"If I want to come to wrk on a show, I can't imagine a desire that wouldn't lead me right back here."

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I heard from a someone who went to a recent fan event that Tom mentioned that he has no urge to go to Hollywood right now. I think it has to do with their values there...and about how winning an Emmy means nothing to them. Personally, I'd rather see Tom back on GL than on badly written movie.

• Members

Really? Someone else told me that he and Steph were going to L.A. Maybe he can find work doing movies in New York. Or theater since he already has an interest.

In any event, I'd like to see him move away from Guiding Light. The show has one foot in cancellation and I truly believe he is too good for that crap fest. I've completely given up on the show.

• Members

I love him, but am ambivalent on him returning to GL. I loved the story of Tammy and Jonathan and loved how he was written out. If he came back, he would have to have a phenomenal story.

I could see him on GH as Patrick's younger brother. Or on OLTL as CJ, especially now that Sarah is coming back.

• Members

^ I never really liked Tammy all that much, but her death is easy to get around if SG wants to come back. Cassie had twins and had to give one up, her sleazy ex husband stole one and sold her, a crazy nurse stole one of the babies and said she died....there are about 100 ways to bring her back (damn it).

• Members

They could actually even bring back Tammy, I think. We saw her being wheeled out of the hospital room supposedly dead, but that could be said to be Tammy and Jonathan faking it, with help from one of the doctors, just like Jonathan faked dying in the car accident a few days later. Or it could be an unscrupulous doctor who wanted everybody to think Tammy was dead -- like maybe Rick in his crazy vendetta against Alan wanted to have Tammy appear dead? It's far-fetched, but not as much as some "back from the dead" stories.

As for GL, I think it is great television right now. People have been saying it has one foot in cancellation and will be cancelled in a couple years, for 15 years, lol. I say that's not going to happen until soaps as a whole go away, if ever.

• Members

I loved Tammy and Jonathan too. I hope that the story they give him is good for him to return. But I'm thinking it will be like Vanessa Marcil, he' ll come back for a couple of months and leave again.

GL has the verge of cancellation for like ten years now, yes but now I think it's closer to be true now with Passions going off NBC to DirectTV and DAYS on verge of being cancelled by NBC in 2009.

• Members

GL already did the "stolen twin" thing with Alexandra (played then by the superb Beverlee McKinsey). Her husband actually sold the one twin, who was not found out about until he was a grown man - Nick Henry. And then her husband took Lujack. But anyway....I would agree there is always a way to bring back a dead character. Faking it would probably be the better scenario (with the aid of Jonathan and perhaps a doc or nurse or Rick.......something like that)

• Members

They could bring Tammy back if SG ever decides to come back. We never saw Tammy's dead body being wheeled out of the hospital. Cassie came back from making funeral plans to find that they had already taken Tammy out of the room. Not to mention that the casket was closed during the funeral...

• Members

I can't imagine Tammy letting Cassie suffer like that. If someone took Tammy it should be against her will, not Tammy off living happily everafter with Jon and Sara while Cassie has a meltdown. The way GL is written these days it wouldn't surprise me, if they went that route, but it'll piss me off. I'd rather see Alan behind it than Tammy letting Cassie think she's dead.

• Members

I know he was the greatest thing since sliced bread, but shouldn't GL be worried about maintaining the cast they have and doing as much great as they can with it? Many have already mentioned this, but without a good story, a return is no good. No matter how good the actor is. :) JMO.

Archived