SoapNet: Why One Tree Hill & The OC?!?!?!?

• Members

Because those shows perform well in the demos and they can probably sell more advertising time at a better rate during those shows than re-runs of Santa Barbara or Loving/The City.

The episodes of Melrose Place & Beverly Hills 90210 perform very well in the ratings for SOAPnet so adding more programs like that to their lineup will do well.

It would be nice if we could tune into see classic soaps, but under the guidance of Brian Frons that will not happen any time soon.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You are. That was AW, which is part of the reason why they chose to start where they did. I believe some stuff in the early 80s is what's missing.

They say that's the problem, but before Rick Rhodes died, he offerred to re-score it for free and most of the team (if not all of them) have said that they would take no compensation if that's what it took to get it on the air. SB- Best. Crew. Ever.

I tend to disagree there- as Canfan stated, Frons was very much involved with SB and considered it 'his' baby (though it truly belonged to the Dobsons). Many of the producers/writers that Frons worked with at SB (JFP, JHC, Guza, Pratt, Bennett) are on his payroll. I think he has a certain affinity for SB and in all honesty, really is our best hope of getting it back on the air right now...

• Members

So what if Frons was involved with SB. If it doesn't fit his "vision" of what SOAPnet should be, then we won't see it. Frons already has stated that he has his vision for the networks that people will have to adjust to. If we can't get classic marathons of the ABC soaps already on the air in a consistent basis, what makes you think they're doing to add SB?

They can earn more money re-airing the primetime soaps then they will with airing some of the classic soaps. We can say that "all former viewers of SB will tune in". Maybe that's true. But then again, maybe not. It all boils down to money.

• Members

His big fat EGO, that's what......

Frons had nothing to do with the production values, writing, and quality of classic ABC soaps- so to him, they're crap anyway. Why live in the past with Luke & Laura, Karen Wolek, and Greg & Jenny when you can tune into Jason & Sam, John McBain, and Babe Chandler?

I know. But can't I just live in my bubble and pretend SB has a shot of being re-aired?

Anyhow, we're activating.......we've had some rumblings in some of the chats during the SB radio shows about possibly launching a website that will re-air the show, in its entirety, every day, Monday-Friday. People have the collections........the videos are there..... IF TBTSNBN can do it, why can't we? :)

Archived